From focus groups to surveys, businesses have been collecting customer data for years. Then the rise of the Internet and the unleashing of the social firehose gave companies more access to customer data than ever before. But all this data is only digital waste if it doesn't prompt insights and action. Join us this Thursday as we explore where we are with analytics, what's holding us back and what will help move us forward.
The Jam kicks off on Thursday, Nov. 19 at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET / 1800 GMT. As always, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to take part. You can join in by using the #cxmchat hashtag, logging in to our chatroom or through Cover it Live — found below on the day of the Jam.
The following experts will be on hand to keep the conversation flowing:
- Aaron Suppel, Vice President of Digital Strategy at Tahzoo — @Tahzoo
- Ben Gaines, Senior Product Manager at Adobe Analytics — @benjamingaines
- Glenn Gow, CEO at Crimson Marketing — @CrimsonCEO
- Hyoun Park, Chief Research Officer at Blue Hill Research — @hyounpark
- Joanna Schloss, Principal Product Manager at Dell Software — @joschloss
- John Zimmerer, Director of Marketing at Topdown — @johnzimmerer
- Pierre DeBois, Principal, Founder of Zimana — @ZimanaAnalytics
- Rajeev Nayar, Associate Vice President and Head of Big Data at Infosys — @nayar_rajeev
- Scot Wheeler, Vice President, Consumer Intelligence & Business Analytics at Leapfrog Online — @scotwheeler
- Seth Earley, CEO & Founder, Earley Information Science — @sethearley
- Tamara Dull, Director of Emerging Technologies at SAS Best Practices — @tamaradull
- Tom Petrocelli, Research Director, Enterprise Social, Mobile and Cloud Applications at Neuralytix, Inc. — @tompetrocelli
The following questions will guide our discussion:
- We frequently hear about using big data analytics to improve marketing. What other business areas can benefit?
- What is the biggest roadblock preventing companies from making the most of the data they collect?
- A recent HBR post claimed big data was only "half" the data marketing needs, that observational data is also needed. Discuss.
- What approach do you recommend for getting the analytics know-how into your company: training, hiring, partnering ... ?
- Can an over-emphasis on analytics paralyze businesses from taking risks? Discuss.
- Share one "aha" moment big data analytics sparked for you or your business.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Introduce yourself with your first #cxmchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for
- Include A1 in your response to Q1, A2 for Q2, etc. and be sure to include the #cxmchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird A4 A combination: look for the curious, the comfortable with statistics internally and supplement. #cxmchat"
- Please don't pitch products or services — stay knowledge focused
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal
- Remember that this is a public chat — be thoughtful
We hope you will join us.