Big data may promise to carry businesses to the next level, but there's still a lot of confusion surrounding it. What's the happy medium between data driven personalization and appearing downright creepy? What tools and processes help businesses get the most out of the data they're collecting? Find out during tomorrow's Tweet Jam.
The Potential of Big Data
The Jam will begin at 10 am PDT/ 1 pm EDT / 1700 GMT on Thursday, October 23. As always, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to take part. You can join in by following the #CXMChat hashtag, by logging into our chatroom or through Cover It Live below.
Our panel of experts is sure to keep the conversation going. This time around, we have:
- Brett Sheppard, Director, Splunk's Big Data Product Marketing -- @zettaforce
- Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data - @hsmalltree
- Hyoun Park, Chief Research Officer, Blue Hill Research -- @hyounpark
- Joanna Schloss, Business Intelligence and Analytics Expert, Dell Software -- @joschloss
- John Kottcamp, Chief Marketing Technologist, Tahzoo -- @jkottcamp
- Mani Chhabra, CEO, Cloudwick -- @cloudwick
- Tom Petrocelli, Research Director, Enterprise Social, Mobile, and Cloud Applications at Neuralytix -- @tompetrocelli
- Tony White, Founder, Ars Logica -- @arslogica
- Which areas of business stand to benefit the most from big data analytics?
- What steps do businesses need to take to move past data collection to gain actionable insights?
- What's the biggest obstacle to getting maximum value from big data?
- "The difference between helpful and creepy lies in the value the data provides customers." Agree, disagree? Explain.
- What part should transparency play in big data collection?
- What do you think is the source of confusion around big data?
A few things to keep in mind:
- Introduce yourself with your first #CXMChat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Be sure to include the #CXMchat hashtag in all responses. Use A1 for answers to question one, A2 for question two, etc. For example, "@bigbird A6 Many businesses struggle to define big data, let alone use it. #CXMChat."
- Please don't pitch products or services -- stay knowledge focused.
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal.
- Remember that this is a public chat -- be thoughtful.