As we have covered recently
, content migration
is a hot and serious topic for many IT managers. Migration from Lotus Notes to Microsoft SharePoint, a heretofore unfulfilled niche in the market, appears to have been filled by Proposion Software.The new 3.0 version of Proposion Portal Migrator, which includes support for MOSS 2007
and WSS V3, enables the minions of IT to transfer content from a Lotus or Domino system to a SharePoint list using a simple yet powerful "point-and-click" interface.
Portal Migrator's power comes from a built-in set of data definitions that automatically translate the standard templates within Lotus Notes
to an equivalent type of SharePoint
list. For the occasions when the predefined data definitions are insufficient, Portal Migrator also enables users to create their own custom data definitions. Users also have the ability to interrogate local Notes databases or remote Domino databases and let the tool help them build custom data definitions.
Along with the features already described, Proposion Portal Migrator offers the following:
- Customized Data Definitions may be saved for future use
- Batch data transfer jobs may be invoked from the command line or from scheduling tools
- Detailed event logging
- Supports Notes/Domino R5 or greater locally and can connect to any version of Domino server on any platform
- Use built-in Notes/Domino explorer or drag-and-drop Notes databases from Windows Explorer
- Includes predefined Data Definitions for Document Library, Discussion, Calendar, Address Book and more
- Supports Windows SharePoint Services 2003 (WSS) and SharePoint Portal Server 2003 (SPS)
- Add file attachments to standard List Items or Document Libraries
- Preserve Reply-To response hierarchies in Discussion applications
- Map calendar items, including time zone and recurrence details
Recent market decisions evidence support for the solution. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) have chose the product when staring down the business end of a Lotus to SharePoint migration.
When Microsoft's Application Transporter was not up the task of migrating the more complex Lotus Notes databases, HUD turned to Proposion and their migration product. According to Howard Hong, Project Manager for the U.S.Department of Housing and Urban Development, the advanced features of Portal Migrator have more than met their requirements.
If you are in the market for a solution for your Notes to SharePoint woes, Proposion has at least one answer for you. For more info and some tasty white papers point your favorite browser thing over yonder