Want to make your customers more loyal? Provide a superior customer experience. According to research by Monetate, 73% of consumers would buy again from a retailer if they had a superior customer experience, while 89% would shun a business if they had a bad experience.
What Makes Customer Experience Great?
As in general protocol these days, it summarized its results in an infographic. While excellent customer experience is in the eye of the beholder, we can generally agree on some actions that can help you meet and surpass customer expectations, including (but not limited to)
- Responding in a timely manner to user comments -- positive and negative
- Validating experiences -- good and bad
- Being available and helpful, across platforms, online and offline
- Treating your customers like people, not potential revenue
- Being personable, authentic and transparent
Why It Matters
We all know what it feels like to be treated well and we know what it’s like to be treated as if we don’t matter. Building meaningful relationships with customers takes more than just being where they are -- it requires that you get to know them and understand what they want and being able to deliver it accordingly.