SALT LAKE CITY — The big boys are playing ball. Digital marketing ball.
Adobe and SAP announced today at the Adobe Summit Digital Marketing Conference the integration of the Adobe Marketing Cloud With SAP HANA and its hybris Commerce Suite. SAP will resell the Adobe Marketing Cloud with the SAP HANA platform and the hybris Commerce Suite.
It’s a move an Adobe official this morning called the bringing together of the marketing and technology departments through the combination of digital marketing and commerce solutions to deliver real time customer engagement across multiple channels.
CMO Meets CIO
“It’s bringing together the office of the CMO with the office of the CIO,” Brad Rencher, Adobe’s senior vice president and general manager of the Digital Marketing business unit, told the crowd during this morning’s keynote at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
SAP has been a leader in enterprise solutions for decades, Rencher said, and through this partnership with Adobe, the companies can build great products on top of SAP platforms. Through the integration of HANA and the Adobe Marketing Cloud, enterprises can move at a “quicker pace” and become “more agile.”
Dr. Vishal Sikka, a member of the executive board of SAP AG in products and innovation, told the crowd this morning that SAP has always been considered as the leading business applications company and analytics organization.
“But today is very different,” he said. “We’re building a next-generation cloud all powered by a little product called HANA. … It’s the fastest database system in the world.”
Sikka called Salesforce just “one part of customer experience,” signaling the omnichannel experience as what today’s marketing is “all about.”
“No matter how big that big data is," he said, "it is dead unless it gives our customers a holistic look at what is going on with their customers and creates an engaging experience for the end user.”
Key Features of Adobe/SAP Partnership
So what in a nutshell does this bring to digital marketing?
- Omnichannel e-commerce: Integration between the hybris Commerce Suite and the Adobe Marketing Cloud personalizes consumers’ shopping experience from brand engagement and marketing to immersive omnichannel shopping experiences.
- Data driven insights: By uniting the power of the SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence solution powered by SAP HANA with digital marketing capabilities from Adobe Marketing Cloud, marketers get a 360-degree view of the customer and relevant transactions across paid, earned and owned channels.
SAP, World Record Breaker
The Adobe/SAP news comes on the same day that SAP unveiled the newest (7.4) version of its SAP Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA, part of its new in-memory data fabric architecture.
The Adobe partnership is by no means a surprising one, considering SAP and its information systems management is a world record breaker. SAP earlier this month partnered with BMMsoft, HP, Intel, NetApp and Red Hat and now has developed the world’s largest data warehouse: 12.1 petabytes. It was recognized by Guinness World Records and is four times larger than the prior record.
CMSWire is onsite from Salt Lake City covering the Adobe Summit Digital Marketing Conference. For any news or tips, contact us @cmswire or @domnicastro. Check out our coverage:
- Execs Stress Plenty of Opportunities #AdobeSummit
- Adobe Updates Experience Manager #AdobeSummit
- Taking Digital Marketing to the 'Next Level' #AdobeSummit
Title image provided by Adobe
- 4 Trends in Workplace Communication [Infographic]
- 8 Companies Leading ECM Into 2015
- Can Egnyte Snuff Box's IPO Fire?
- Have Status Meetings at Work? No, No, No and ... No
- Mark Cuban: I Don't Take Risks But I Sure Can Dance
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- Companies Plagued by Mobile Marketing Mediocrity, Altimeter Finds