Welcome to the November 2012 installment of our what's coming from the open source projects in the next month. If you feel that your project was left out, we invite you to email us at email@example.com to have a project representative added to the list of people we contact for updates.
- Improved Page Template and Layout edit support for ASP.NET Razor, Web Forms and Master pages.
- The addition of Razor and User Control Functions from C1Contrib into the public API and manageable from the C1 Console.
- A new Page Templates Feature in Layout perspective that lets you maintain template elements without needing to code.
- New razor syntax highlighting in the code editor.
- ASP.NET sitemap provider support.
- Search support in drop-down menus.
- Free-hand image resizing in the visual editor.
- Copy XSLT functions.
- The addition of Internet Explorer 10 support with spell-checking in all input fields.
In November, the folks at Drupal (news, site) extended their Drupal 8 feature freeze — which has been pushed back from December 1 to February 18, 2013. This decision was made due to the number of features that were still “heavily in progress, but not quite there yet.” In other words, the goal is to “tie up loose ends” on features that have either been previously committed or that have demonstrated “substantial progress” before December 1.
In November, the folks at Hippo CMS (news, site) became the The Netherlands’ National Champion at The European Business awards. This month was spent working toward the release of Hippo CMS 7.8 —which will ship on December 6. Its new functionality includes:
- An extensible Targeting engine to let marketers customize the appearance of a site based on visitor characteristics, which can be stored and combined into Personas through the new Experience Optimizer. (Enterprise module only.)
- A new Developer Panel, which makes it easier for developers to work directly in the CMS.
- An Updater Editor that lets developers to create, manage and run updater scripts against a running repository without leaving the CMS, allowing bulk content changes.
- A reload on startup feature that lets developers configure initialization items to be reloaded when the CMS starts, but only when the system detects a newer version of the item. Useful for DTAP environments.
- A diff and patch tool in the console, which lets you create a diff between the bootstrap content and live content.
The second presents Jahia Wise — the Social and Collaborative Document Sharing solution Jahia released this month:
- Endangered Species: The Corporate Intranet
- Think Digital Marketing Technology: Think ... Microsoft?
- Multitasking? You're Killing Yourself for Nothing
- Forget Intranets, Give Me an ESN
- Will Office 365 Destroy Consulting?
- Make Room for Gartner's BI and Analytics Platforms MQ Leaders
- From Build It and Go, to Ready to Go with SharePoint