At this year's International CES, the Internet of Things (IoT) hit big, with predictions of a $19T value, new partnerships and acquisitions, and the introduction of a series of shiny new connected "things." In our first Tweet Jam of 2014 we'll be discussing the IoT, the changes it will bring to customer experience and the challenges involved in getting there.
The IoT and Its Impact on the Customer Experience
A long list of challenges face businesses as they ready for the Internet of Things — security, privacy, software and hardware compatibility, and more. How will businesses overcome these challenges? What benefits will this hyper-connectivity bring?
Join us next Wednesday as we discuss these and other questions. The Tweet Jam will take place on Wednesday, January 29th at 10 am PT/ 1 pm ET / 1800 GMT. As always, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to participate. You can join by following the #CXMChat hashtag or by joining our chatroom.
The Tweet Jams are open for all to participate, but we always make sure to have a few experts on hand to keep the conversation going. The following people will be sharing their experience during next week's conversation.
- Marius Monton, Innovation Unit Manager at Worldsensing — @mariusmonton
- Kimberly Samuelson, Director of Government Marketing, Analyst Relations at Laserfiche — @ecmchick
- Jennifer Ernst, VP of Business Development at Thinfilm — @ErnstJen
- Tom Petrocelli, Research Director, Enterprise Social, Mobile and Cloud Applications at Neuralytix, Inc.— @tompetrocelli
- Rob Markovich, VP marketing and Business Development at Ayla Networks — @AylaNetworks
- Ronak Sutaria, Lead Researcher at Mindtree — @rsutaria
- Joseph A. di Paolantonio, Independent providing IoT & DMA research and synthesis — @JadP
- Chris Surdak, Information Governance, Analytics and e-Discovery expert at HP Autonomy —@CSurdak.
- Brian Gilmore, Solution Expert, Internet of Things and Industrial Data at Splunk — @BrianMGilmore
- Kevin Lindsay, Director of Conversion Product Marketing at Adobe — @kevlindsay
- Matt Silk, CMO at Waterfall — @mattsilk
- Scott Harper, coCEO at Dialexa — @harpscott
The following questions will shape the conversation:
- Cisco's John Chambers says IOT will have a multi-trillion dollar impact. Is the IOT hype deserved? Why or why not?
- IOT is easy to see from a B2C perspective (e.g., wearables, thermostats). How do you see IOT changing B2B life?
- What ways can you imagine IOT shifting B2B marketing, aside from perhaps increased location awareness?
- Name the biggest roadblocks/risks involved in integrating the Internet of Things in a business model.
- What kinds of standards will we need to develop to facilitate the Internet of Things?
- How do we address privacy in this hyper-connected world?
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- Introduce yourself with your first #cxmchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Subsequent tweets must start with the question number you are responding to and the #cxmchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird Q4 With the increase in access points, security will be a major challenge for businesses"
- Please don't pitch products or services — stay knowledge focused.
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal.
- Remember that this is a public chat — be thoughtful.
- Told You So: Ektron is Merging with EPiServer
- Mark Cuban: I Don't Take Risks But I Sure Can Dance
- Have Status Meetings at Work? No, No, No and ... No
- Where Document Management Went Wrong
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- Five Hot HR Tech Trends for 2015 [Infographic]
- 8 Companies Leading ECM Into 2015