(Page 2 of 2)
4. Play the Right Fields
Keywords are critical to picking up leverage on a search engine, however not every portion of your profile carries as great of weight as others. As noted by AJ Kohn in his Ultimate Google+ SEO Guide, focus on planting keywords in the following fields: Introduction, Employment, Education and Places.
Additionally, turning on the Search+ functionality will gear results around your own activities on Google+. This will pull you up more frequently when those most relevant to your base are online.
5. Join Forces with the Underdogs
Connecting with smaller, oft-ignored social communities such as StumbleUpon, SoundCloud, LinkedIn and Tumblr can help your mission.
SearchEngineJournal.com points out,
Identify the ones that would be relevant to your industry and then systematically add value. As you build up relationships with users of those sites you’ll eventually start to gain links and followers. Working these other social sites will also help you develop content for you blog posts. Watch to see what is gaining popularity in content and discussions and then create posts that address those issues.
And lastly, a little self-promotion never hurt anyone. Add links to your pages on your email tags, and connect one site to the next. No one will buy if you aren’t selling.
- Adobe: IBM's Silverpop Deal Could Trigger 'Nightmare'
- It's Official: Forrester Says Campaign Marketing Is Dead
- A Beginner's Guide to Responsive Web Design
- Dream On Salesforce, SAP Prez Unimpressed by Your Threats
- Will EMC Dump Documentum?
- Hackers Use Viral Videos to Attack B2B E-Commerce Site
- Why Microsoft's Reign Will Continue