The long public gestation on Google's magic spectacles continues with a new video and an offer for creative types to get their hands on the social-media-friendly techno-googles.
Curing the Glass
Nearly a year on from its unveiling, and in the spirit of last summer's showcase of skydiving and BMXing the company has a nice slideshow of various products in the Project Glass range. But Google is now looking to ramp up creative uses of the product before any public launch. It is doing so by offering pairs to creative, exploring, individuals that can apply to be a part of the #ifihadglass program.
There's a bunch of criteria around how you can get hold of them, and not all applications will be successful, but I guess if you can produce something truly impressive or amazing with them, then you stand a better chance of getting a pair. Among the criteria are for applicants are:
Your application must be 50 words or less
You must include #ifihadglass in your application
You can include up to 5 photos or a short video with your application
You must be at least 18 years old and live in the U.S. to apply
Are You Hyped?
The new video shows off a range of impressive looking stunts and a few clips of general happy life. It looks being up in the sky or somewhere novel is pretty much a pre-requisite for getting in on the act.
As for the glasses themselves, there's a range of styles and models on the site, so hopefully when we all get to wear them, we won't end up looking like a plugged-in Cyberman horde.
- The Future of Digital Marketing: 8 Trends
- 2014 Predictions: What Side of the Future Are You On?
- Oracle WebCenter Sites Review: Strengths, Weaknesses
- How Is Hadoop Like Teenage Sex? [Infographic]
- 7 Things Stew Leonard's Can Teach You About Your Customers
- Why Apple Needs Topsy in a $200 Million Way
- Ignoring the Cloud Costs Money, Ignoring Big Data Could Cost You Your Business