Kentico's integrated marketing solution got an update today with enhanced personalization and segmentation and what they call a better user interface.
The mid-market web content and customer experience management provider released Kentico 8, which it said helps marketers launch integrated campaigns to target today's fragmented audiences across all digital channels. The CMS provider touts its ability to provide a marketing experience in a single environment that integrates with real-time CRM and ERP data for personalization.
"We believe the difference between success and failure in digital marketing can come down to the time, expense and ease with which to launch, manage and update one’s campaigns," Thomas Robbins, chief evangelist for the US- and Czech Republic-based Kentico, told CMSWire. "That’s why Kentico 8 democratizes integrated marketing by providing a sophisticated platform that allows anyone to quickly deliver the right message at the right time on any digital channel. It’s easy to use, affordable, and quick to set up."
Robbins told us that Kentico 8 includes content management, e-commerce, social networking and online marketing.
"The key innovation areas of Kentico version 8," he said, "include a new, more productive user interface, and the continued deepening of our e-commerce and the online marketing solution."
Specifically, Kentico 8 includes:
- Web content management
- E-commerce with a customizable checkout process, tools for managing prospective customer journey, visual designer for defining discount rules in product catalog and in the shopping cart and enhancements to product options and variants
- Online communities/social networking to build, manage and host online communities
- Online marketing that provides customer behavior insights, quality sales leads, stronger loyalty and higher conversion rates across multiple channels, social marketing integration with Facebook and Twitter, enhanced reporting and A/B testing
- Intranet and collaboration
Capability, Price, Target
Kentico supports all the latest Microsoft technologies, including Visual Studio 2013, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1 and Windows Azure SDK 2.2.
As for pricing, Robbins told us customers that already have current maintenance with Kentico, regardless of version, automatically have access to any new release. For other customers, Kentico has a pricing model that it publishes publicly.
Asked about the customer target with the release, Robbins told CMSWire the Kentico solution is targeted to mid-market customers looking for a complete integrated marketing solution. Typical roles include CMO, online marketing specialists and developers.
Looking Back at Version 7
Today's release comes a year and a half after Kentico's release of version 7 of its ASP.NET-based Web CMS. Then, it integrated its Kentico EMS marketing platform into its CMS platform and made the systems cloud-ready.
Kentico introduced marketing automation capabilities in version 7, which included A/B testing for email marketing campaigns, integration with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+, SEO improvements, Salesforce.com and Data.com connectors and support chat.
"Automation offers total management of revenue performance," Robbins told CMSWire this week. "Marketing automation programs are designed to look at the whole picture. They don't have the innate human tendency to focus more on some phases of a project than another. These programs are designed to help marketing pros think ahead and anticipate the lifecycle of a campaign. They're also designed to make understanding the relationship between marketing and revenue streams easier."
- A Graceful Exit for Box?
- Facebook Shuts the Gate on Likes
- Google Kicks the Productivity Stool From Under Microsoft
- Forget Community - 'Social' is Now a Commodity
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- How the Internet of Things Drives Customer Engagement
- So You Think You Know WordPress