Americans aren't the only ones obsessed with cell phones and social media. In fact, slightly more adults own cellphones in China (95 percent) than in the US (91 percent), according to a new Pew Research Center report.
The report, released just yesterday, shows technology adoption is a global phenomenon — even in developing nations. It supports the findings of a Cisco report released last week, which shows global mobile data traffic grew 81 percent in 2013.
How big did it grow? Consider this: Last year’s mobile data traffic was nearly 18 times the size of the entire global Internet in 2000.
The facts are clear: There is a world of opportunity — literally — for digital marketers.
Visualizing the Data
These charts from the Pew Research report put the whole issue in perspective, and offer a glimpse of global technology adoption.
Title image by ollyy (Shutterstock).
- Office 365 is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Don't Hold Your Breath: SharePoint Release Delayed
- Who Leads in Multichannel Campaign Management?
- 8 Tips to Spring Clean Your Digital Work Life
- Hey Cloudera & MapR: Open Data Platform is the Real Deal
- 4 Reasons ECM Needs To Go Digital
- Does the Apple Watch Signal a Post-Browser World?