Americans aren't the only ones obsessed with cell phones and social media. In fact, slightly more adults own cellphones in China (95 percent) than in the US (91 percent), according to a new Pew Research Center report.
The report, released just yesterday, shows technology adoption is a global phenomenon — even in developing nations. It supports the findings of a Cisco report released last week, which shows global mobile data traffic grew 81 percent in 2013.
How big did it grow? Consider this: Last year’s mobile data traffic was nearly 18 times the size of the entire global Internet in 2000.
The facts are clear: There is a world of opportunity — literally — for digital marketers.
Visualizing the Data
These charts from the Pew Research report put the whole issue in perspective, and offer a glimpse of global technology adoption.
Title image by ollyy (Shutterstock).
- SharePoint is Already Legacy
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Web Content is Obsolete
- What to Do When Yammer Adoption Stalls
- Faking Big Data #strataconf
- Salesforce Shares Its Marketing Vision #DF14
- Will Salesforce's New Analytics Cloud Make Waves? #DF14