Financial and enterprise resource planning firm Netsuite has bought Retail Anywhere in hopes to unify online and in store customer experiences.
Retail Anywhere builds point-of-sale apps, so with this purchase Netsuite can offer a more seamless experience for people who shop online and in stores.
Customers' Expectations Driving Saas Buying Spree
Because so many people are doing so much business and social online, companies are scrambling to deliver SaaS models to satisfy them. In turn, this has been driving large IT companies like Oracle, IBM and even Salesforce to buy up Saas vendors on what seems to be a weekly basis.
For Netsuite, the Retail Anywhere purchase means it can focus on what it calls the omnichannel experience. People can shop, pay and receive merchandise anywhere. That kind of consistency within one company is hard to do, and is another reason SaaS vendors are being acquired in mass.
Specifically, Retail Anywhere's POS software will help Netsuite bring e-commerce, CRM, digital marketing and financials under one roof. Additionally, by having the same system in store as online, businesses can offer customers the kind of consistent, personalized experience that breeds loyalty.
By integrating POS systems with online data, customers will get a more seamless experience in stores or via moble and the Web.
- IBM: Our Verse Email Beats Anything from Microsoft, Google
- 7 Reasons Why Facebook at Work Will Fail
- Who Are the 100 Fastest Growing Software Companies?
- 7 Trends to Watch to Stay Ahead of the Digital Era Curve
- SharePoint in the Clouds: Choosing Between Office 365 or Azure
- SEO is Killing Content Quality
- What's Trending in Digital Analytics