With its "integrate everything" Universal Web App (UWA) technology based on open standards, and Host your own Social Analytics giving the enterprise control, Netvibes announced the latest version of its namesake enterprise platform already adopted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies including the US Dept. of Energy (US DoE).
Boosts Open Market Access, Social Analytics
“Netvibes for Enterprise was designed to solve two major shortcomings in the enterprise portal market: The lack of open access and limited social analytics. Netvibes for Enterprise makes it easy for companies to integrate everything from Sharepoint, Websphere and Salesforce to Facebook and Twitter, all on one continuously updated, real-time dashboard that each user can personalize and access everywhere -- from desktop to mobile, as a whole or by the app,” said Freddy Mini, CEO of Netvibes.
The Netvibes UWA (Universal Web App) technology is a real-time dashboard offering continuous updates, (tools, data, news feeds and systems, etc) and mobile access with support for Android, iOS and even offline. Support includes connectivity to a variety of internal or external systems. Enterprise systems supported include:
Social apps supported include:
- Google Docs
For example, publishers can push live dashboard updates and control permissions for an unlimited number of groups. Netvibes also offers access to "the world's largest built-in library" that includes more than 250,000 Web apps and newsfeeds, that can be used to customize (personalize) the dashboard using a drag-and drop interface. The compelling promise of UWA is "super easy design" and "publish in minutes with zero IT involvement."
Social Media Analytics
With social analytics, Netvibes targeted openness, adaptability and personalization as “guiding principles” and used this to create what it calls a new category in enterprise social analytics. The result is a new level of automation, customization and security options that include Open Corpus, Adaptive Analytics and Persistent Alerts.
- Open Corpus: offers control over every aspect of their corpus library and sources, inside or outside the firewall, for reliable and relevant results
- Publishers can create app and newsfeed libraries controlling which sources individual users can add to their dashboard
- Adaptive Analytics combines human curation with machine algorithms for smarter results
- SmartTagging boosts decision making by allowing users to self-organize content libraries and record expert opinions
- Adaptive Analytics includes "trainable algorithms" plus allows users to drill down to explore interrelated ideas in real time, eliminating the need for new reports or manual search queries
- Persistent Alerts: is a "deep alert system" enabling 24/7 monitoring
- Automated actions support that triggers remote apps and URLs to update remote systems based on smart criteria
Back in July, Netvibes previewed its Social Pack, a social analytics solution that added to its social media monitoring solution and included Social Corpus, Adaptive Analytics and Persistent Watch features. The solution ran as a preview for Netvibes Premium Dashboard customers.