Software provider, Opera has announced Opera Mediaworks, a company subsidiary which provides advertising, content distribution and monetization for mobile devices.
Opera who also recently purchased Skyfire Labs, giving the company access to to Skyfire’s video optimization and mobile technology, was launched in 1994. It's primarily known for its web browsers, like Opera Mini for mobile devices, and browser add-ons like Opera Mail, an email client that connects directly to a browser and Opera Link, a bookmarking tool that allows content to be transferred and accessed from mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
With Mediaworks, the company aims to bring together its mobile browsers and advertising technology to create a more efficient marketplace for mobile publishers, marketers and advertisers, as well as expanding the Opera name and brand worldwide.
"[Opera Mediaworks gives] advertising tools, distribution, engagement, monetization and market insights to developers, publishers and brands around the world,” says the Mediaworks website. “We are passionate about breaking down barriers, so everyone can share in the power of the mobile internet, because we believe that participation changes everything.”
The Pieces of the Mediaworks Puzzle
One of the most prominent products attached to this release is Opera Mediaworks Performance, a performance-based mobile advertising platform. This platform gives advertisers tools to connect and engage with their target audience with real-time targeting and reporting.
Other tools included with Mediaworks are:
- Ad Marvel and Opera Mediaworks Ad Exchange: An advertising “ecosystem,” these tools gives users the ability to use ad-mediation, ad-serving and real-time-bidding (RTB) technologies that bring those involved in mobile advertising into one marketplace to participate in a public or private exchange.
- Mobile Theory and 4th Screen Advertising: Mobile Theory is a mobile ad network in the United States and 4th Screen Advertising Ltd is an ad network in the United Kingdom. As part of Mediaworks, they give users the chance to engage with customers and create rich media digital marketing campaigns.
- Opera Mobile Store: A multi-platform app store, it offers white-label app store solutions for mobile operators, manufacturers and distributors.
- Opera Payment Exchange: The Opera Payment Exchange or OPX is a payment enablement solution. It helps smooth the process for mobile publishers, payment providers and mobile operators, while giving operators and storefronts the chance to gain merchandising intelligence and make their products cost efficient and appealing to customers.
Opera Mediaworks is compatible with over 80,000 mobile sites and mobile applications and manages more than 50 billion ad impressions a month.
- Office 365 is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Don't Hold Your Breath: SharePoint Release Delayed
- Does the Apple Watch Signal a Post-Browser World?
- Who Leads in Multichannel Campaign Management?
- Hey Cloudera & MapR: Open Data Platform is the Real Deal
- 8 Tips to Spring Clean Your Digital Work Life
- 11 Ways to Ruin Your CMS Project Without Even Trying