Companies deploying digital marketing capabilities have the technology experts. And they have those who specialize in customer engagement.
On the surface, that's two "very different" disciplines, said Gerardo Dada, product marketing leader for open cloud provider Rackspace Hosting.
Rackspace wants to merge those two worlds and today announced the launch of a new practice focusing on digital marketing infrastructure needs, Rackspace Digital. The hybrid cloud platform, Rackspace said, will help marketers engage with customers via websites, portal/extranets, mobile apps or online stores.
Having an "online presence" is for marketers "becoming more important than ever," Dada told CMSWire.
Web CMS, Mobile Support
Kyle Metcalf, senior manager of digital channel sales for 5,500-employee Rackspace Hosting based in San Antonio, said the new team will be available for "hand-holding" digital marketers through the digital process. It aims to work with software platforms and system integrators to ultimately make any digital transition easier, they said, for digital marketers.
It will specifically:
- Provide support for web content management systems (Web CMS), e-commerce solutions and mobile services
- Offer advice based on years of working with demanding workloads for the world’s top digital agencies
For three consecutive years, Rackspace has been named the No. 1 hosting provider for the Internet Retailer 1000, it said.
Getting intimate with your website and how potential customers are interacting there is critical today. Forrester Research last year said marketers should learn more about the paths customers take to get to their company's website to help inform discovery marketing campaigns.
The report, “How Consumers Found Websites in 2012," noted that customers may take different paths to get to a website, but this information can be useful for digital marketing and search purposes.
Selecting the right CMS, according to Scott Brinker and his marketing technology landscape research, is part of a complex challenge to nailing digital marketing. Brinker delivered earlier this year nine key facts in the Website/WCM/WEM category.
Metcalf told CMSWire will through Rackspace Digital be walking marketers through their process by sharing their "deep expertise" and industry best-practice knowledge.
- Endangered Species: The Corporate Intranet
- Think Digital Marketing Technology: Think ... Microsoft?
- Multitasking? You're Killing Yourself for Nothing
- Forget Intranets, Give Me an ESN
- Are These Vendors the Best at Social Media Monitoring?
- Microsoft's New BI Tool Plays Nice, Even With 3rd Party Vendors
- Apple Buys FoundationDB, Shuts Down Access to Code