The next generation of Salesforce's Desk.com platform is going visual — as in video support. The customer relationship management (CRM) giant just introduced a new Salesforce Desk.com Support Center, which includes video customer support.
The news comes a little more than a month after Salesforce updated its acquired platform with a new intelligent agent console and a mobile app and reporting engine — among other enhancements — for all in one automated customer service.
Now You See Me
CMSWire asked Sara Varni, vice president of marketing for Desk.com, about the customer support platform's "wow" factor. Today's customers, she said, want to help themselves and find answers to support questions on their own.
"That's why the next generation support center was designed to help fast growing companies provide even better self service experience for their customers," she told CMSWire. "Not only can these companies provide rich video content directly in their support center, but they can also get detailed analytics on how that video content is performing so they can best optimize the way their customers interact with information in their help centers."
The platform is used by support team managers or agents who are Desk.com admins and are responsible for updating support content in help centers. The next generation video support is included at no additional charge with a Desk.com subscription. Pricing starts at $30 per month, per agent at Desk.com.
Video support and custom, responsive help center templates are available today. Knowledge reports will be available by the end of August, Varni said.
How it Works
With the Desk.com Video Support Center, companies can add video content from any platform to their online customer service strategy.
The new Desk.com Video Support Center includes:
- Custom help center design templates: Creates video help centers in a few clicks which can be accessed from any device.
- Advanced knowledge reports: New reports and metrics, including video performance, within Business Insights.
"Video is a powerful tool for brands to connect with customers and we're seeing that at all levels at Vimeo, from highly produced branded films to product demo videos," Michael Weissman, general manager of Creator Platform Vimeo, said in a statement.
"As a Desk.com customer and video hosting platform, we've been integrating videos into support articles and understand first hand its value."
- IBM: Our Verse Email Beats Anything from Microsoft, Google
- 7 Reasons Why Facebook at Work Will Fail
- Who Are the 100 Fastest Growing Software Companies?
- 7 Trends to Watch to Stay Ahead of the Digital Era Curve
- SharePoint in the Clouds: Choosing Between Office 365 or Azure
- SEO is Killing Content Quality
- What's Trending in Digital Analytics