A content engagement platform that powers real time content for major media markets just added a few muscles.
Toronto-based Scribble Technologies, whose ScribbleLive content engagement platform that powers brands such as Samsung, Shell, PwC, CNN and Reuters, announced today it acquired CoveritLive of DemandMedia. CoveritLive's client list includes Marvel, Ford, NFL, NHL, BBC, The Football League and Fox.
Tale of the Tape
What does this do for Scribble? It now will serve:
- 500-plus enterprise customers, including more than 200 international brands
- More than 1,500 total customers
- All of the “Big 4” major professional sports leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB)
- 100-plus professional sports teams
- More than half of North America’s most-read newspapers
- All three of USA’s top news networks
“2014 has been a great year for Scribble and our company’s growth," Vincent Mifsud, CEO at ScribbleLive, said in a statement. "We’ve expanded our international presence, released a new enterprise product, and powered more than 4 billion engagement minutes in the past 30 days alone. CoveritLive will help us accelerate our growth rate even further and exponentially increase our influence in the market."
ScribbleLive officials said they plan to over time integrate the two products.
Bob Barnard, co-founder and CTO at CoveritLive, said the company's platform gives content creators a way to cover live events and engage users "in a way that no one had before — a goal that we achieved.”
- Has Google Delivered a Killer Blow to Microsoft Office Apps?
- Should You Use LinkedIn to Build a Network or an Audience?
- 5 Marketing Lessons From HubSpot
- A Graceful Exit for Box?
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- Dave Gray on Work Like a Network and the Role of Hierarchies
- Does Jive Do Social Better by Putting the End User First?