Recently, we introduced you to SocialBaker’s Analytics PRO platform. This week, the social media engagement platform announced a social media metric that can be used to better measure a brand’s performance.
Let's Get Engaged
Socialbakers measures the Engagement Rate as the average number of Likes, Comments and Shares per post on a given day divided by the total number of Fans for the page. It reflects the percentage of your Fan base that interacts on average with your post.
With this new metric, users can measure the average engagement of posts and an entire Facebook Page on a daily basis.
Using this new information, SocialBakers released a new report that outlined the engagement rates of companies by industry, in an effort to set a benchmark for Facebook engagement.
As it turns out, the auto industry is the most engaging industry on Facebook (0.207%) with the biggest quarterly fan growth (up to 62%), followed by alcohol brands, which have also invested a great amount of energy into social marketing and innovative ways of communicating their products online in the last quarter.
The New Social Media Metric?
So will the Engagement Rate be the new metric by which you measure your Facebook engagement? Time will tell, but it may help those of us looking for a way to quantify posts, comments and shares. However, it’s important to note that it’s just one way you can measure your engagement and shouldn’t replace regular community management and social listening.
- Is Box Writing Enterprise Content Management's Obituary?
- Customer Journeys Trump the Traditional Sales Cycle
- The Future of SharePoint is the Cloud #gartnerpcc
- Are You a Top 20 Document Management Vendor? [Infographic]
- 12 Steps To A Successful ECM Deployment #gartnerpcc
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- Yammer: SharePoint's Social Collaboration Savior? #SPTechCon