Social relationship management and publishing tools provider, Sprout Social, has announced that it is now on the Twitter Certified Products list for engagement and analytics.
With its products and services, Sprout Social enables other companies to track how customers interact over social media by monitoring interactions, such as comments and conversations.
We've enjoyed working with Twitter since 2009 and we're thrilled to expand on that relationship with the certified products program," said Justyn Howard, CEO of Sprout Social. "Our team is proud to be recognized for building world-class products that further social business."
Along with the announcement that it is now part of the Twitter certificated products list, the company also joins five others who rank in both the engagement and analytics categories: Radian6, HootSuite, Attensity, Sprinklr and ExactTarget.
What are Twitter's Certificated Products
Twitter launched their certificated products list earlier this year as a promotional tool for "products and services that make Twitter more valuable to businesses, encourage their use of Twitter and bring Twitter to new users." There are three categories that a business can fall under, the two that were mentioned, engagement and analytics, along with data resellers. Companies can be on more than one list, depending on what their product offers.
- Analytics: These are products and services that help businesses see what their customers are saying about their company. They include: Simply Measured and Crimson Hexagon.
- Engagement: Companies that are classified within the engagement category provide businesses with tools that will help them connect to their customers. Companies in this category include: Mass Relevance and Social Flow.
- Data Resellers: These products are platform based and help businesses to build their brand over Twitter's public tweets. There are currently three companies in this category, DataSift, Topsy and Gnip.
How A Product is Certified
In order for a product to be considered for the list, a company has to reach certain requirements before applying. While following basic Twitter guidelines, such as the terms of service and display guidelines, there are also a few key factors that a product must have to be considered.
- Ensure that it will meet a social marketing need for businesses that Twitter or its products doesn't already offer.
- Help expand Twitter's market outreach.
- Make use of Twitter's API's and other features.
- Must consistently integrate with other Twitter products and, if needed, use them alongside their product.
- Must encourage good relationships and interactions between customers and businesses.
It's Good to Be Sprout Social
Since being founded in 2010, Sprout Social has proven that their company delivers results. In addition to launching two new social publishing tools earlier this year, since its inception it has been named a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and a product leader by Info-Tech Research Group.
- The Problem With Yammer? People Don't Use It
- Did Forrester Get Its Digital Experience Wave Right?
- Want Engaged Employees? Show Them the Big Picture
- Forrester Wave: No Leaders in Digital Experience Delivery
- A Man, a Blouse and an Awesome Customer Experience
- Reinventing Digital Asset Management
- Who Will Become a Gartner MQ EFSS Challenger in 2015?