Google is simplifying its privacy policies — going from 70 documents to 10 — and integrating its customer data across services. Along the way, the company will officially merge intelligence about you from many of its services.
Is this beautiful simplicity and a big customer experience win? Not everyone is buying the spin.
Yes, the customer experience becomes more unified, but at what cost to your privacy? On the other hand given what competitor Facebook knows about you and the targeting that this data makes possible, does Google have a choice? Here's our round-up on the announcement.
In other news, February is nearly here. This coming month our editorial focus will be the nuts and bolts of Social Business. Stay tuned.
- Information Architecture - SharePoint's Story
- IBM Connections: Analytics, Email, the Activity Stream & More
- The Digital Marketing Platform: The Future of CXM
- Office, iPad Together at Last…Well, Almost
- Multichannel Marketing in 2012: 3 Key Insights
- The Seven Hats Content Managers Will Wear in 2012
- Forrester: Why Customer Experience Management Needs To Be Personalized
- The Changing Face of Enterprise Software
- Enterprise Content Migration: Lessons From the Trench
- Content Strategy: Don't Ditch Your FAQ Page
Around the Web
- Ten Ways to Master Metrics
- 5 important ways in which crowdsourcing creates business value
- Three Deadly Social Engagement Traits to Break
- Even At Facebook, Business Intelligence Is Hard
- Collaboration is a Feature, not an App
Featured Events (all events | post your event)
- Feb 01, 2012 — (Webinar) 5 Practical Steps for Enhancing Your Customer Engagement in 2012
- Feb 22, 2012 — Intelligent Content Palm Springs
- Feb 26, 2012 — SPTechCon - SharePoint Conference San Francisco 2012
- Mar 19, 2012 — DrupalCon Denver
- Mar 20, 2012 — Adobe Digital Marketing Summit 2012 in Salt Lake City
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post your job)
- Digital Content Manager in London at eBay
- User Interface Engineer — Social Commerce in San Francisco at Sociable Labs
- Senior Business Analyst in London at Microsoft
- Senior Principal Software Engineer in New Hampshire at Ektron
- Customer and Community Relationship Manager in Warsaw at CKSource
- Office 365 is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Don't Hold Your Breath: SharePoint Release Delayed
- Who Leads in Multichannel Campaign Management?
- 8 Tips to Spring Clean Your Digital Work Life
- Hey Cloudera & MapR: Open Data Platform is the Real Deal
- 4 Reasons ECM Needs To Go Digital
- Does the Apple Watch Signal a Post-Browser World?