New CMSWire Home Page!
We hope you're finding the new design of our CMSWire.com home page pleasing on the eyes. We launched the new look to kick off the New Year and are confident you'll be able to get the right content at the right time — whether it's breaking news, digging deeper with analysis or industry overviews from our long list of expert contributors.
Let us know your thoughts on the new design! Happy 2014!
— Brice Dunwoodie, Founder, SMG/CMSWire.com.
Roadblocks to Epic Customer Experiences
If customer experience is so critical, why do so many companies stink at it? Our columnist took this to heart, and started a three-part series examining key obstacles that hinder companies from delivering the experiences customers want.
Content Management vs. E-Commerce
This week, we looked at different approaches to bridging the gap between content management and e-commerce. In the first part, we saw that e-Spirit has adopted a best-of-breed approach. We then went on to show how Elastic Path is using e-commerce APIs to integrate content and how Sitecore puts customers at the heart of the retail process by providing personalized content and user experiences.
IBM's Mail Next an Original?
IBM turned a lot of heads when it unveiled plans for Mail Next in the Enterprise at IBM Connect 2014 in Orlando, Fla. But is it all that original, really? Meanwhile, IBM launched at the conference a new global customer experience consultancy.
Our three-part series on SharePoint developments concluded this week with a look into how collaboration changes have been transformative. Earlier in the series, we discussed enhancements for capacity and information management and the user interface — designing a new user experience, and coloring documents with rich palettes of metadata.
OpenText Takes Dive for Big Boys
With GXS and its B2B integration services, OpenText is gunning for the top of the space — and they just might be there already, one analyst told us.
Will Internet of Things Ever Take Off?
We take a look at some of the myths surrounding the IoT and examine why it may never reach its potential.
Web Content & Customer Experience Management Guide
Evaluation criteria for web CMS and CXM vendors.
> Download the Guide
- IBM's Mail Next: Original in the Social Business Enterprise? #IBMConnect
- The 6 Pieces of the Customer Experience Puzzle
- New Patterns of Collaboration in SharePoint
- HP Shares 4 Emerging Cloud Computing Trends
- E-Commerce, Content and Closing the Gaps: A Look at e-Spirit
- All Content Must Prove Value
- Internet of Things Delivers Context Just in Time
- The 2 Biggest Time Sucks in Corporate America
- What's the Customer Experience when Everything and Everyone Is Connected?
- A Look at Social Media and the Law
Around the Web
- How Would Satya Nadella Change Microsoft as CEO?
- Facebook Launches News-Reading Paper App
- IBM's Graphene-Based Circuitry Could Boost Wireless Communications
- What Are the Key Digital Trends for Marketers in 2014?
- Three Ways Social Networking Leads To Better Business
Featured Events (all events | post your event)
- Feb 04 — Social Media Strategies Summit Las Vegas 2014
- Feb 18 — (Webinar) Why Metadata Matters in SharePoint Search and Information Governance
- Feb 18 — (Webinar) Supporting Collaboration without Compromising Security
- Feb 24 — Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2014
- March 05 — Sentiment Analysis Symposium New York 2014
- Web Content & Customer Experience Management Guide
- White Paper: Building Great Multi-Channel Web Experiences
- Report: How Top Retailers Are Leveraging Web Experience Technologies
- eBook: 5 Best Practices for Video Employee Communications
- White Paper: SharePoint Content Synchronization Solutions
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- If Hadoop Disappears, Will the Label on Your Distro Matter?
- Customer Success is a Failure
- Inside Acquia's Gartner Ascension, Web CMS' Next Road Trip
- EMC Should Sell Documentum, HP Should Buy It
- 7 Deadly Signs of Career Burnout [Infographic]
- Connecting Workers to Information in the Digital Workplace