The majority of SharePoint discussions focus on its use as a social or document collaboration platform. But according to Microsoft, at least 10% of SharePoint revenues are attributed to web content management — further they indicate that customer experience management (CXM) is a key focus moving forward.
Can SharePoint ever compete in the CXM market?
We're skeptical, despite Forrester seeing it in the running. If SharePoint is to succeed in the CXM space, one thing is clear — the product team has some serious work to do.
September brings a new CMSWire editorial focus. This month we'll provide you insights, strategies and guidance on how to move from doing simple social media, to being a real social business. We look forward to the conversation.
- Forrester Wave, Enterprise Social Platforms: IBM, Jive, NewsGator, Telligent & More
- 50 Ways to a Better Intranet
- Is it Time for a SharePoint App Store?
- Steve Jobs Steps Down, Welcome to the New Apple Future
- Social Media Marketing 101: Establishing Goals, Metrics
- 10 Features That Will Make Your SharePoint Search Shine
- Twitter for Business: 4 Tools for Managing Tweets
- A Strategic Look at SharePoint: Economics, Information & People
- IBM Takes Connections Mobile with New Apps, Talks Social Business
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in September 2011
Around the Web
- Is Your Social Business Prepared? Readiness Levels Vary Amongst Organizations
- 13 Mind-Bending Social Media Marketing Statistics
- The Psychology of Sharing
- Harnessing Social Business Intelligence: Nine Strategic Uses
- Social Media Engagement Is Not A Business Objective
Featured Events (all events | post your event)
- Sep 08 — (Webinar) Managing Web Content in the Cloud - The Changing Landscape
- Sep 13 — (Webinar) How to Create and Manage Rich Customer Experiences
- Sep 26 — Telligent's The Big Social 2011 in Dallas, Texas
- Oct 02 — Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco
- Nov 08 — Sentiment Analysis Symposium San Francisco
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post your job)
- Social Media - Account Executive at Pandemic Labs
- Director of IT at Mutual Mobile
- Sales Account Manager at Squiz
- Lead UI/UX Designer at Veetle
- Solutions Architect at Acquia