Have you started managing your Author Authority yet? Read our top articles of the week to find out why you should start today.
1. In this, his first article for CMSWire, Tommy Landry called attention to something that anyone who is concerned with SEO (and that means all of us, no?) can ignore: Google's AuthorRank: The Future of SEO and Content Marketing: Author Authority
Google has been talking about Author Authority as a potential ranking factor for close to seven years. With that many years to figure it out and Google+ now in their corner, Google is likely mere months away from pushing it live.
The sooner you start establishing yourself as an author, the better. Anyone can join Google’s Authorship Program, including your competitors. With awareness of this still fairly low, you have a chance to get involved first. Go forth and get a head start on it." Read more.
2. Virginia Backaitis gave us the inside scoop on all things EMC IIG and Documentum this week, and kicked off her Vienna Momentum 2012 coverage with this look back at Documentum's roots: A Look at Documentum's Early Days; Will EMC Disrupt Content Management Industry Again? #MMTM12
EMC’s Information Intelligence Group (IIG) (formerly known as Documentum) promises to make “the largest product launch in IIG’s History” at its Momentum Europe Conference on Tuesday. Content Management enthusiasts, CM industry analysts, and the Documentum Community at large, are all waiting, eyes and ears open, to see and hear what it (they) will be. Read more.
3. Contributor Rich Blank took a step back from the traditional methods of establishing ROI to see the return that social media offered during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in his article ROI of Social in a Crisis:
As someone born and raised in NJ with a wife from Long Island, we have many friends and family in the affected areas hit by Hurricane Sandy. I’d like to share a few real life examples on how social technologycan be used in a crisis to connect with people, share knowledge, crowd source problems and provide feedback." Read more.
Best of the Rest
- Collaboration and Communications on the Intranet from Rebecca Rodgers (@rebeccarodgers)
- Marketing Automation: From Lead Generation to Sales Management from Steve Youngblood (@salestrakr)
- The Hybrid Cloud Helps Companies Confront Rich Enterprise Content from Dan Carmel
- Six Ways to Improve the Content Contributor Experience in SharePoint from Rob Wagner (@millersys_rob)
- How Adaptive Case Management Can Help in the Battle for Same Day Delivery from Deb Miller (@debsg360)
- Software Pricing Has Changed - But Not All Vendors Know It Just Yet from Tom Petrocelli (@tompetrocelli)
- Customer Experience: Hi-Tech Hi-Touch Society from Gerry McGovern (@gerrymcgovern)
- Social Media is Not an Island: 5 Ways to Move From Awareness to Conversion from Mark Simpson (@markj_simpson)
- Improve Employee Engagement to Maintain Loyal Customers from Frank Palermo
- Maintain Loyal Customers by Improving End-User Engagement from Frank Palermo
- 4 Personalization Techniques for Improving Average Order Values and Conversions from Dan Darnell
- Five Tips for Successful Multi-Channel Conversion from Lee Duddell (@whatusersdo)
- Box Cops to Bad IPO Timing, It's Time to Unbox
- Extracting Insight from Unstructured Data
- Trends in Web Content Management From #jboye14
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Who Are the 100 Fastest Growing Software Companies?
- Outage Outrage As Microsoft's Azure Stumbles
- Big Data is Getting Smaller and Smarter