John Mayer giving advice on Content Strategy? Come on, you know you want to read this.
Stuck Inside Because of Snow? More Time to Read!
1. Sometimes you just can't fight it — if the example fits, run with it. Ahava Leibtag (@ahaval) does exactly that in this article filled with practical advice for any content creator — Content Strategy: 5 Ways to Find Your Voice and Tone:
I’m the last one to quote John Mayer, but sometimes you just need to say what you mean to say. Words like leverage and facilitate aren't words that most customers want to hear. Your audience needs to understand what you are saying and feel connected to you in a way that is undeniably genuine." Read more
Email works quite well for broadcasting information to people. But for many-to-many conversations it fails miserably. As soon as the communication involves more than a handful of people, trying to have conversation quickly leads to conversation chaos." Read more
3. With the release of SharePoint 2013 coming any day now, author Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux) offers some good advice in how to realize the full potential of your SharePoint deployment, whatever version you are using — How to Drive Sustainable SharePoint Adoption in Your Business:
An effective sustainable SharePoint adoption program delivers a business-contextual learning program so users will shift their understanding of SharePoint as more than a glorified file share. This program will promote SharePoint as an essential business tool that can support and enhance their day-to-day business activities." Read more
- How Many Web Pages Can One Person Manage? from Robert Jacoby (@websitegov)
- Adopting Structured Authoring Tools: The Challenges from Barry Schaeffer
- Where is Your DAM Glossary? from Henrik de Gyor (@hgg101)
- SharePoint, Social and Yammer: A New Way to Work, Not Just Tools from Jennifer Mason (@jennifermason)
- Don't be a Social Business Statistic from Maria Ogneva (@themaria)
- The Impact of Social, Mobile, Cloud from Tom Petrocelli (@tompetrocelli)
- Benefits, Challenges and Future of Marketing Automation [Infographic] from Marisa Peacock (@marisacp51)
- The Organic Intranet from Andrew Wright (@roojwright)
- Web Experience: The Web Professional's Challenge from Gerry McGovern (@gerrymcgovern)
- Dead Man Walking or Walking Dead? Enterprise Software Vendors Must Adapt or Die from Stephen Fishman (@trivoca)
- The Many Faces of Case Management: Operational Excellence for the Energy Sector from Deb Miller (@debg360)
- Will BlackBerry Once Again be King of Mobility?
- Adobe: IBM's Silverpop Deal Could Trigger 'Nightmare'
- The SharePoint Information Governance Problem
- 3 Ways Social Media is Changing Online Content
- It's Official: Forrester Says Campaign Marketing Is Dead
- Why Microsoft's Reign Will Continue
- Turn Off the Phones and Leave the Customers Alone