The summer of 2014 will be known for many things. Among them, the cloud storage wars, Microsoft’s new Mobile First, Cloud First mantra, and the battle for the enterprise among Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS) vendors.
It will also go down as the summer of the ice bucket challenge when everyone from Cristiano Ronaldo toKaty Perry to Jack Black to Novak Djokovic to Taylor Swift and Oprah dumped buckets of ice over their heads to raise money to fund research and bring awareness to ALS, a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movement.
Ready to Get Virtually Wet?
Now, of course, you’re reading CMSWire, not People magazine, so we’re going to tell you about, and show you videos of some notable tech execs who accepted the challenge.
First, there’s Apple CEO Tim Cook who signed a huge partnership deal with IBM last month.
Then there’s ever so geeky Bill Gates who promised to provide counsel to new Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.
And, of course, EMC Chairman Joe Tucci had to take the challenge as only a proper New England prep can.
And, finally, there’s Sanjay Ponnen, General Manager of End-User Computing Business, Corporate Officer at VMware.
Not only did he teach his kids about saving water , but he also upped the ante for his boss, Pat Gelsinger.
It’s a nice way to end the summer, no?
Title image by wanphen chawarung / Shutterstock.
- Blame the C-Suite for Your Failed SharePoint Project
- The Future of SEO is Not SEO
- Everything You Really Need to Know About Docker
- 1.75B Reasons You Should Redesign Your Website
- Microsoft Leaks Offer a Glimpse of SharePoint 2016
- The IoT is Useless - Unless You Fix Your Data Problems [Infographic]
- More SharePoint 2013 Search Tips for Power Users