This week Facebook merged two of its marketing programs into a single Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) program. Today, Webtrends announces that it is a part of that program for not only Apps, but also for Pages and Insights.
Facebook Streamlines Developer Program
It started with two separate programs: Preferred Developer Consultant (PDC) and the Marketing API (MAP) programs. These two programs ran separately for three years offering brands access to expert resources for building Facebook applications, pages, manage ad programs, optimize social plug-ins and more.
By bringing the two programs together into the single Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) program, Facebook is expecting to increase the ability for brands to find developers and consultants who can "comprehensive Facebook campaigns and presences".
With the new program, approved developers can:
- Register with a new lookup tool that allows clients to view by geography and expertise. It also allows developers to offer cases studies and brands to leave feedback.
- Show specific expertise with Pages, Apps, Insights not only on their own websites but also within the lookup tool.
- A simpler application form to apply for listing in the program
- A new developer support website.
You can see the full listing of developers in the directory. There are in total 232 developers from 35 countries (of this, 141 were not in one of the previous two programs).
Webtrends Demonstrates Social Marketing Leadership
One of those developers is Webtrends.
I'm sure there are a lot of Facebook developers dying to be a part of the new PMD program. Webtrends is there now as only one of nine developers who is certified with three or more Facebook preferred designations (Dachis Group is another).
In Webtrends case, we are talking about its ability to support brands with Facebook Apps, Pages and Insights. The only thing they don't offer is the Ads designation.
Webtrends Facebook capabilities include:
- Post scheduling and calendar views for managing posts
- A number of engagement apps
- Manage the full campaign cycle and analyze the results
- Webtrends Ads that work with Facebook Insights and Ads platform
Facebook is one of the ways to engage with a wide range of customers, which is why so many brands want a presence there. It's companies like Webtrends that help brands build the most appropriate presence and manage it to ensure it delivers.