This week we talked customer experience and the need for smart technology. We also looked at Employee Engagement — how it can improve the bottom line, and the Cloud growth within Europe.
Top Customer Experience Article
We hear the three magic words thrown around day after day. We know providing a positive customer experience is critical for any business, we read numerous articles, examine various solutions, reach out to analysts. But what do we really need to foster a positive company-customer relationship? According to Tjeerd Brenninkmeijer (@tbrenninkmeijer) in his article CXM - A Strategy That Really Needs Smart Technology, smart technology is key.
To truly realize the CXM vision, any enterprise must create an environment where content is truly liquid and dynamic. It’s simply not CXM when the system merely displays a banner ad that is targeted to a persona on a mobile website. And, it’s not CXM when the website simply shows a list of “related content” in the right column. No."
Once again this week there are some must reads in our contender category:
- Web Experience: The Functional Heart of Web Design by Gerry McGovern (@gerrymcgovern)
- Community Design is Like Throwing a Good Party - It Takes Planning by Maria Ogneva (@themaria)
- Content Strategy: Why Branding Matters by Ahava Leibtag (@ahaval)
- 5 Reasons Your Company Blog Fails at Thought Leadership by Carter Hostelley (@leadtail)
- The Dial Pad Isn't Dead: How to Make Mobile Count Across All Channels by Ashley Eckel (@ashes54)
- Moving Across the Globe in the Name of Customer Community by Luke Sinclair (@lukesinclair)
- The Vendor/Customer Relationship: Top 3 Tips to Get What You Want After Tying the Contractual Knot by Carrie Basham Young (@carrieyoung)
- Four Steps to Successfully Leading Today's Tribes by Bryan Perez (@bryanprz)
Top Social Business Article
Scott K. Wilder (@skwilder) puts it simply — happy employees equal higher ROI — so how can you create engaged employees and impact the bottom line? Read his article Employee Engagement: Its ROI May be More Than You Think to find out:
Your employees are key stakeholders in your company’s success. Several studies show that an engaged and happy worker can reduce a company’s overall health insurance costs and take less vacation time (not sure that’s a good thing). There’s an even more important impact though, as a recent Tempkin Employee Engagement Study showed, high employee engagement impacts the bottom line."
It was a close race this week. Here are our runner-ups:
- Understanding SharePoint's Internal Communities, Goals, Best Practices by Errin O'Connor (@errinoconnor)
- Understanding SharePoint's Communities: Power Users and Operational by Errin O'Connor (@errinoconnor)
- Meaningful Use - Why There's More to the Story than Adoption by Kevin Conroy (@seattlerooster)
Top Information Management Article
While people may have been talking about the Cloud for years now, it hasn't all been pro cloud. Many people, especially in Europe have had various concerns — information security concern, would it in fact improve flexibility and response times, and, of course, the fear of becoming obsolete. Now, however we see companies starting to change their views as Stefan Pfeiffer (@digitalnaiv)discusses in his recent article Cloud Growth in Germany, Europe to be Driven by Collaboration and CRM:
- A Graceful Exit for Box?
- Google Kicks the Productivity Stool From Under Microsoft
- Forget Community - 'Social' is Now a Commodity
- The 3 Most Damaging Enterprise Social Network Myths
- Facebook Shuts the Gate on Likes
- How the Internet of Things Drives Customer Engagement
- Whose Idea Was This? Amazon's Investment in Acquia