The weekend has arrived! Whether you are basking in the sun or hiding from the rain, what better time is there to catch up on all the features you may have missed this week? Over in the customer experience space we continued to talk mobile experience management, while in social business we looked into the future of SharePoint mobility and in the information management space we got a glimpse into the disruption in the document collaboration market. So sit back, relax and enjoy our weekend reads.
Top Customer Experience Article
Find yourself sitting around and thinking "oh yeah, mobile. I should really get to that"? Stop procrastinating! The time is now! If you want your business to succeed, mobile is the way to go. Wondering how to start? Take a look at Tommy Landry's (@tommy_landry) latest article, Mobile Web: Responsive Design or Separate Mobile Site, App.
If you haven’t already figured out how to attack mobile with your own website, you simply cannot wait any longer to get serious about it. This goes beyond simply cobbling together a mobile app — it must affect the very architecture and approach of the website itself."
It was a busy week in the customer experience space! In our contenders category we have:
- Beyond Editing Web Pages, Into Creating Experiences by Tjeerd Brenninkmeijer (@tbrenninkmeijer)
- How to Use Facebook's Four Most Popular Advertising Options by Jim Belosic (@shortstacklab)
- How to Design Your Content Strategy in 12 Steps by Erik Hartman (@erikmhartman)
- Mobile Digital: Are You Giving Customers a Root Canal or a Great Experience? by Nate Barad (@natebarad)
- 6 Best Practices for Sales + Marketing Alignment: A Bridge over Troubled Waters by Christine Crandell (@chriscrandell)
- Top Publishing Tools for Tablets: Adobe, Quark, Flipboard, Zinio & More by Scott Raynovich (@rayno)
- Web Experience: No Link is an Island: The Problem with Silos on the Web by Gerry McGovern (@gerrymcgovern)
- Making Mobile Part of Your Cyber Monday Preparation by Kim Ann King (@kimannking)
Top Social Business Article
Microsoft customers have been clear — they want SharePoint to be mobile. Unfortunately, Microsoft's solutions to date fall short. Is there any hope? Rich Wood (@sharepointrich) thinks there's a different approach, as he discusses in his recent article, The SharePoint Mobility Forecast: Outlook Cloudy.
While the release of SharePoint 2013 and even more recent developments have reflected major strides in this area, the true holy grail of an accessible SharePoint environment — document sharing and collaboration — remains unrealized."
Be sure to check out:
- Foundations of 'Social Rights' in a Scale-Free World by Stowe Boyd (@stoweboyd)
Top Information Management Article
What does the future of document collaboration look like? Will vendors move away from generic solutions and begin to seek out more targeted campaigns? Will the focus shift? Will it takes less time to create a solution? Henry Worcester (@henryworcester) tells us in his article Document Collaboration: Time to Take a Fork in the Road or Stick a Fork in it?
… making significant shifts to higher-value offerings is easier said than done, especially when it comes to developing industry-oriented offerings — what Forrester refers to as driving specific horizontal or vertical business value. This might explain why these voices in the wilderness are usually about as well received as speed bumps on the autobahn."
This week in our information management contenders space we have:
- How to Succeed at Email Management if You're a Midsized Organization by Richard Medina (@richarddoculabs)
- Decoding Metadata for Content Creators by Barry Schaeffer
Image courtesy of Sergey Novikov (Shutterstock)
- Sitecore Takes on the Competition with Version 8 #SYMNA
- Discussion Point: Why are We Still Stuck on Email?
- A Look at the Top of Gartner's Mobile App Development World
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- 6 Things to Consider Before Buying Enterprise Social Software
- Gartner Names Wise Choices for Workplace Social Software
- A Bigger iPhone Will Just Make My Butt Look Big