Trying to get the most out of your web presence and your marketing automation platform? Our contributors have differing opinions on how to go about this; read and find out which path is best for your company.
Top Customer Experience Article
Contributor Irina Guseva (@irina_guseva) takes a step back to look at the overlap and divergences of Marketing Automation and Web Content Management Systems in her How to Get the Best of Both Worlds: Web CMS and Marketing Automation:
Some might argue that campaigns should be done from Web CMS, others will point you in the direction of a MA tool, or a Digital Marketing platform. Where they’re done will really depend on circumstances, but how they’re done is the first task you need to tackle."
- Think Customers, not Channels from Tom Wentworth (@twentworth12)
- Marketing Automation vs. You from David Diamond (@damsurvival)
- Vulnerable Websites are Here to Stay from Erik Hartman (@erikmhartman)
- Search Engine Optimization Trends to Watch in 2013 from Tommy Landry (@tommy_landry)
- Customer Relationship Management as a Customer Experience Differentiator from Mitch Lieberman (@mjliebs)
- Navigating the 3 C's of Customer Experience - Part 3: Control from Ian Truscott (@iantruscott)
- 6 Reasons B2B Social Marketing is Different Than PR from Carter Hostelley (@leadtail)
- Web Experience: Handle Complexity with Evidence, Not Opinion from Gerry McGovern (@gerrymcgovern)
Top Social Business Article
Once again throwing down the gauntlet, contributor Deb Lavoy(@deb_lavoy) challenges herself and her colleagues to face the facts in Collaboration Isn't Working: What We Have Here is a Chasm:
In the face of a mountain of evidence that something isn’t working as well as we hoped, is “try harder” a good strategy? Are we asking the hard questions of ourselves that could help us tell the difference?"
- Jive Takes Off the Gloves and Takes on the Competition from Jacob Morgan (@jacobm)
- Why All Search Projects Fail from Martin White (@intranetfocus)
Top SharePoint Article
SharePoint is very much the glue in Office 365. It is the technology that ties everything together, that makes things work."
- SharePoint 2013: Social Features Highlights from Jennifer Mason (@jennifermason)
- Migration Options for SharePoint 2013: Consider All Your Options Carefully from Steven Pogrebivsky (@metavistech)
- Has Google Delivered a Killer Blow to Microsoft Office Apps?
- Should You Use LinkedIn to Build a Network or an Audience?
- 5 Marketing Lessons From HubSpot
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- A Graceful Exit for Box?
- Dave Gray on Work Like a Network and the Role of Hierarchies
- Does Jive Do Social Better by Putting the End User First?