Digital Asset Management (DAM) may have one of the most entertaining acronyms, but it’s so much more and over time it has evolved from the management of basic image elements to the management of an expansive collection including textual, digital and multimedia content. This month as we examine DAM’s role and strategies within the enterprise, it’s clear that it’s not just the media that matters, it’s the devices and screens that display media that play a role in how digital assets are rendered and archived. While you might not think that digital asset management is a part of your life, chances are it’s probably already woven into the content you create and share everyday.
Tweet Jam: The Evolving Role of DAM
Join us in a week on Wednesday, April 18 at 10 am PST / 1 pm EST / 1800 GMT for our monthly tweet jam. We welcome the broader CMSWire community to participate as we spend an hour discussing the evolving role of digital asset management within the enterprise and the customer experience.
All experience levels are welcome to connect with the expert panel we're assembling. Here's a look at who's coming: Irina Guseva (Real Story Group), Doug Heise (CoreMedia), John Horodyski (DAM Education), Greg Klebus (Adobe), Jody Vandergriff & Ron Selvey (WebDam), Anjali Yakkundi (Forrester), Billy Cripe (BloomThink), John Price (OpenText), Christian Buckley (Axceler).
We'll update the list as our panelists are confirmed.
The easiest way to join the conversation is by following or including the #CXMChat hashtag.
#CXMChat Tweet Jam Discussion
There are a lot of questions we could ask during this Tweet Jam, starting with just getting everyone on the same page with the terminology. But DAM is evolving and with the increasing use of rich media (videos, audio) in addition to images, and the growth of mobile market, things are changing dramatically.
The following five questions will be asked, but we're sure more will come up during this conversation:
- Given how digital we are, what is your current definition of DAM?
- What are the core elements of a DAM strategy?
- What 3 things make a DAM solution successful?
- How do DAM and CXM/WEM currently relate?
- What is the single biggest DAM opportunity in 2012?
A few things to keep in mind:
- Introduce yourself with your first #CXMChat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Subsequent tweets must start with the question number you are responding to and the #CXMChat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird Q5 We have a great team that manages our digital asset strategy #CXMChat"
- Please don't pitch products or services; stay knowledge focused
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal
- Remember that this is a public chat — be thoughtful
We look forward to connecting with you on April 18!