Seen any all text ads lately? What about a message from a company with no branding? As the use of rich media files explodes, more companies are looking for solutions to help manage their digital assets. Some vendors now build digital asset management (DAM) functionality into file sharing solutions and content management systems to meet this demand. Where does this leave standalone DAM solutions? Join us this Wednesday to discuss all things DAM.
Do We Still Need DAM
This month's Jam will take place on Wednesday, October 30th at 10 am PDT/ 1 pm EDT / 1700 GMT. As always, in addition to the expert panel we are assembling, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to participate. All experience levels are welcome to join in. You can join by following the #CXMChat hashtag or join our chatroom.
The questions we'll be exploring:
- Name three functions or tools that differentiate DAM from other file sharing services.
- Under what circumstances would a company not require a pure play DAM system?
- Do you think the specialization of DAM solutions benefits or threatens the industry?
- What’s the biggest challenge facing DAM today?
- Best of breed vs. platform approach -- what factors drive this choice?
- What direction will the DAM industry go in the next five years?
Our DAM experts include:
- Alex Struminger, Digital Media Strategist -- @AlexStruminger
- David Diamond, Director Global Marketing, Picturepark -- @DAMSurvivial
- Elliot Sedegah, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Adobe -- @esedegah
- Irina Guseva, Senior Analyst & Advisor, Real Story Group -- @irina_guseva
- Jane Zupan, Vice President Marketing, Nuxeo -- @JaneZupan
- John Horodyski, Partner, Optimity Advisors -- @jhorodyski
- Ralph Windsor, Contributing Editor, DAMNews -- @daydreamuk
- Ron Selvey, Vice President Marketing, WebDAM Solutions -- @rselvey
- Phoenix Von Lieven, Professional Services Manager, Canto -- @Canto
- Tony White, Founder, Ars Logica -- @arslogica
A few things to keep in mind:
- Introduce yourself with your first #cxmchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Subsequent tweets must start with the question number you are responding to and the #cxmchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird Q5 Integration is key for successful DAM implementations #cxmchat"
- Please don't pitch products or services -- stay knowledge focused.
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal.
- Remember that this is a public chat -- be thoughtful.
See you there!