(Page 2 of 2)
The SaaS DAM pay-as-you-go approach allows the client to purchase as little or as much services as needed. As demand for a product increases, the SaaS DAM quickly scale to meet the increased requirements.
Finally, you can control what assets are being released externally and carefully monitor and track how well they perform. Assets that are not performing well can be removed and replaced with assets that trend upwards.
Finding the Perfect Balance
A hybrid solution can effectively serve the needs of the internal customers, while efficiently distributing assets to external customers. Additionally a hybrid solution allows the organization to rapidly scale externally to meet market demands while reducing the time-to-market.
Not every organization needs a hybrid DAM solution, but if you do, this may provide you with a perfect balance between SaaS and in-house.
About the Author
Jeff Lawrence is an engagement director with Celerity, a business acceleration consultancy headquartered in McLean, VA. Jeff is a visionary with 15 years of experience providing strategy, assessment, platform selection, enterprise-wide implementation of digital media solutions — specifically related to enterprise search, unified information access, content management, digital and media asset management for nonprofit, education, entertainment and media clients.
- The Problem With Yammer? People Don't Use It
- Did Forrester Get Its Digital Experience Wave Right?
- Can You Name the Top 10 IoT Companies?
- A Man, a Blouse and an Awesome Customer Experience
- Microsoft Kicks Oracle's Big Data Butt
- SAP Jam's Approach to Social: It's All in the Work Patterns
- Want Engaged Employees? Show Them the Big Picture