MadCap Software, known for their integrated applications that provide workflow solutions for publishing multilingual print and online content, has announced the launch of MadCap Capture 3.0.
Capture 3.0 is MadCap's screen capture and graphics editing software, designed specifically to address the needs of documentation professionals.Capture 3.0 lets the user easily capture anything that displays on your computer screen as an editable image and further enhances images by adding text call-outs, cursor arrows, special effects and more. MadCap Capture 3.0 Interface The new version adds several enhancements to provide image integration, quality and control, including:
* Image text single-sourcing expands on the integration with MadCap Flare, MadCap's authoring software, by enabling single-sourcing of content across the two applications. Authors can enter a text description (screen tip or alternative text) for an image in a centralized location, to ensure that every time the image appears in a Flare project, the text automatically appears with it.
* System clipboard integration: Screen captures can be automatically saved and inserted into any application with direct system clipboard integration. Optimized size configuration for print and online publishing. Authors can establish separate height and width settings for print and online publishing.
* Delayed capture: Provides a time delay feature that lets you automatically capture an image after a certain number of seconds. This makes it possible to take screenshots showing elements such as drop-down menus and tool tips.
* Image blurring and magnification allows for the area within shapes, as well as around to be blurred.
* Enhanced XPS support provides the ability to save and load images in Microsoft XPS, providing a crisp image that does not become pixilated, when someone zooms in.
Available for less than US$ 100.00 (not including support), MadCap Capture 3.0 is a budget-friendly solution that integrates well into the whole MadCap family of products. Free trials and online demos are available as well at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/
CMSWire is a leading, native digital publication produced by Simpler Media Group, Inc. We provide articles, research and events for sophisticated professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 450+ authoritative articles per quarter for our 750,000 community members. Join us as a subscriber.