What's the chance that your digital assets — images, videos, music, etc. — are spread across multiple desktops, file shares, websites and more? If you are in this situation then you are at best likely duplicating your assets and at worst losing them.
A modern digital asset management strategy is becoming increasingly essential. But it's not as simple as going out and picking the first DAM product you see. Things you need to consider include:
- Building a business case
- The role of taxonomy and metadata
- If you need a marketing resource management system (a specialized flavor of DAM)
Once you define your strategy and your needs, you must to examine the DAM market closely to see what tools and technologies are appropriate.
If this sounds like just your can of worms, then the upcoming (and free) Digital Asset Management Jumpstart series from Earley and Associates can help. Starting tomorrow January 14, this series will provide you with some key info and tools needed for an intelligent approach to DAM.
There are 4 webinars in the series with the fourth being a CMS Watch review of DAM software options. You can sign up here, just in time for part one tomorrow afternoon.
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- What's Next for Big Data? Predictions for 2015
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Honest-to-God, Absolutely True Marketing Predictions for 2015
- 2015 Forecast: The Sun is Out for Cloud Computing
- 8 Components of a Truly Integrated Digital Workplace
- 6 C's for More Efficient IT In 2015 [Infographic]