Adobe's enhancing digital marketing mobile opportunities -- internally and externally.
Adobe officials call the new capabilities, launched today, "Intelligent Location Marketing." Marketers can engage customers with in-app messages using technology that detects where they are, or iBeacons. The real-time engagement activities can be followed with email campaigns that leverage intelligence about a customer’s past interactions.
Loni Stark, director of product and industry marketing for Adobe's digital marketing solutions, told CMSWire that it's about making in-person interactions more relevant based on location and the context of the individual.
These new capabilities -- which feature updates across Adobe's six-arm Marketing Cloud -- also include enhancements like real-time mobile app testing, a dashboard that lets marketers view all their app data on one screen and a multi-dimensional portfolio bidding to place search ads across mobile devices.
A breakdown of the new mobile capabilities include:
- In-App Messages: Marketers can create, manage, publish, and measure “in-app” messages to engage with users that interact with apps. The new functionality exists in Adobe Mobile Services, a core service in Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Mobile App Management: Mobile App Dashboard allows brands to keep app content fresh and relevant and understand how the app is performing. Includes updates in real time what app experiences have been updated and how often, what path users are taking with the app and how often they’ve launched it. Developers and marketers can also test the performance of apps during the development, production and staging phases.
- Mobile Search Advertising: Adobe Media Optimizer now offers multi-dimensional portfolio modeling.
- Mobile Campaign Management: The new Digital Content Editor (DCE) in Adobe Campaign allows marketers to create responsive design emails.
- New Adobe Social App: The new Adobe Social App brings the functionality of Adobe Social from desktops to mobile devices.
Marketers and developers can now work together better, according to Stark. They can test in-development apps before they are published to the app store through an "easy-to-download" process.
Adobe is building toward its next Digital Marketing Summit. Although officials would not reveal a theme or product announcement for the March 2015 event, Adobe isn't sitting still.
Last month, it announced Adobe Campaign's integration in the Adobe Marketing Cloud. The move allows marketers to retarget shoppers who abandon their online shopping carts. Officials said then it's the first in a series of announcements Adobe will make regarding marketing cloud integrations between now and Adobe Summit in March.