TIBCO is keeping its "Switzerland of technology" theme going with its latest product release -- this time in the digital marketing arena.
The Palo Alto, Calif.-based provider released today TIBCO Engage, a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) marketing application that officials say is the market's first true real-time, personalized marketing experience across any channel.
And in the spirit of the "buy versus build marketing cloud debate," TIBCO said this is not an inflexible lock-you-in cloud platform.
"We're not saying throw away your e-commerce systems or your point of sale or even your CRM," Leandro Perez, director of product marketing at TIBCO, told CMSWire. "We're going to come in and connect to those systems. We're not locking people in. We're adding some key functionality they don't have but also leveraging the technology they already have. We're agnostic."
Already Social Leader
This is a big dive for TIBCO into the customer experience/digital marketing space. Its enterprise social collaboration platform earlier this year was cited as a leader in Forrester’s Wave for Enterprise Social Platforms.
Other leaders were: IBM Connections, Salesforce Chatter and Communities, Microsoft Office 365 and Zimbra Communities.
According to Forrester, TIBCO's always had solid activity-stream capability, but it beefed up with its partnership with Huddle. TIBCO added file storage and sharing and task management.
In June, it announced an integration with SharePoint, whose users can now leverage TIBCO’s tibbr plug-in social software collaboration platform directly within SharePoint. TIBCO officials then also announced integration with Microsoft Outlook software.
So what is TIBCO doing in digital marketing? Everyone's talking about personalization. But TIBCO officials say they are the only ones now really doing it.
"We know this is a crowded space," Perez said. "We've spent a while developing this and talking to analysts from Gartner and Forrester. Many players are talking about being able to talk to a customer on a more personal level, which is where everyone wants to go today. We also understand a lot of vendors are talking about this, but is it really happening? We don't think so."
How will TIBCO do it? Its Engage platform connects data from existing marketing, sales and external communications channels to a behavioral engine. It will help marketers speak to a customer that, for instance, adds to a shopping cart, abandons it, uses a store's app and then visits a brick-and-mortar store.
- Connectors: Connect to sales, marketing and communication channels to capture data and push out messages, offers and content
- Behavioral Engine: Blends streams of historical and real-time data in order to predict customer interests, spot risks and deliver recommendations
- Real Time Interaction: With insights feeding in from the behavioral engine, marketers can implement personalized interactions across any channel, whether with co-tent, inventory or offers
- Loyalty Management: A loyalty program management capability, including points management, rewards catalog and reporting
- Social Collaboration: A social layer that aids internal team communication, collaboration and workflow
- Communities: Branded private communities to develop relationships with customers through a fully owned channel
TIBCO officials say these components will help marketers capitalize on the industry movement from "real time to right time," as Ray Wang, principal analyst, founder and chairman, Constellation Research, Inc., said about the industry.
“This shift will drive demand for new solutions capable of turning massive amounts of data into insights that bring to life these real-time, personalized experiences," Wang said in a statement. "We are moving from real time to right time very quickly.”