IT solutions provider Barracuda Networks has released Copy, a cloud- based file storage and sharing tool. With Copy, users are able to share, view and sync files from any device, at any time.
Who are Barracuda Networks?
As an IT solutions provider, Barracuda’s focus is on solving IT issues relating to content security, networking and application delivery, data storage, protection and recovery for both small and larger businesses. In addition to Copy, some of its other products include Barracuda Message Archiver, an email message search and retrieval tool, Barracuda Load Balancer, which routes IP traffic to make sure its reliable and performs efficiently and Barracuda Web Filter, a tool that filters unwanted content, while protecting against spyware.
Some of Barracuda’s clients include IBM, FedEx, Harvard University and CitiBank.
A File Storage Contribution
As a company grows, there's a need to keep information safe and secure. While there are many other solutions available for this task, such as DropBox who recently added new administrative controls and Google Drive, which was released last April, Barracuda says that Copy differs from its competitors because it not only offers management services, but security features giving users a complete, secure file sharing and storage platform.
This is a rapidly evolving market and we're still in the early days," said Guy Suter, general manager at Barracuda Networks. "When you look beyond the personal or individual space, there is a clear need for a more approachable, yet secure and scalable corporate file sharing platform. Copy is designed to be the easiest way to store, protect and share amazing things."
Copy is available as a download from the Copy website or as an app for iOS and Android devices. In addition to these apps, Copy is currently compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
As was mentioned, there are a few key features that Barracuda hopes will set Copy apart from its competitors. They include:
- Easy File Sharing: Users can upload and share files including 1080p video and photographs, no matter the size. These files can then be shared and viewed by the intended recipient either publicly or privately on any compatible device.
- More Security: Since Barracuda focuses on security solutions, Copy has a built-in identity verification feature for private file sharing, as well as a data verification feature that analyzes content before it's uploaded to the user’s account.
- Company Control: Copy has added user and group management controls for companies who operate within a corporate setting.
The free version of Copy comes with 5GB of storage, but if a company or an individual user requires more space, plans are from US$ 99 a year for up to 250GB to US$ 149 a year for 500GB.
- IBM: Our Verse Email Beats Anything from Microsoft, Google
- Box Cops to Bad IPO Timing, It's Time to Unbox
- Extracting Insight from Unstructured Data
- Trends in Web Content Management From #jboye14
- 7 Reasons Why Facebook at Work Will Fail
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Who Are the 100 Fastest Growing Software Companies?