We're running out of kinder, more creative ways to say this, so this time we're just going to go with: If we don't all go as green as possible, we won't be able to save the world! And that's the honest truth.
Joining several other companies in league to save trees is eDocXL software. eDocXL products are designed to eliminate paper from the workplace entirely and promote "putting the humble scanner to excellent use as an environmentally friendly, time-saving tool."
The "Ultimate Paperless Office Software"
eDocXL is an innovative document management software that enables you to scan, import and file any type of document, including paper, business cards, PDFs, photos, images, graphics and anything created by any Windows application.
The all-around benefits eDocXL boast includes:
- Increase Productivity: No surprise that this one is here. eDocXL says, Save a lot of time in finding and working with any paper or digital documents
- Share your Documents: Create and convert PDF files.
- Organize your Contacts: Never loose any business card again!
- Instant Access: To invoices, purchase orders, faxes, claims and more.
- Material Cost Savings: Allows completely electronic creation and editing of documents -- saving on paper, ink, fax and courier costs.
In addition to tree-saving, eDocXL also promotes the need for fully functional solutions that are easy to install and can be purchased for less than the usual arm and leg. Easy, cheap and green? Sounds good to us, and based on the following facts reported by eDocXL, it probably sounds good to a lot of other people out there as well:
- 90% of corporate memory exists on paper.
- The average document is copied 19 times.
- Companies spend US$ 20.00 in labor to file a document, US$ 120.00 in labor to find a misfiled document and US$ 220.00 in labor to reproduce a lost document.
- 7.5% of all documents get lost, while 3% of the remainder is misfiled.
- Professionals up to 50% of their time looking for information, while they spend only 5-15% of their time reading the information they retrieved.
- There are over 4 trillion paper documents in the U.S. alone, and that figure is growing at a rate of 22% per year.
Solutions for the Big Guys
eDocXL offers three different business solutions:
eDocXL CS: Extends the current eDocXL functionality to support multiple users through a client / server architecture and allows complete control over users and access rights.
eDocXL PRO: Offers a complete document management solution for your e-mails. You can import and Full Text Index in eDocXL your e-mails from Outlook or any other MAPI compliant e-mail software.
eDocCapture: (The saving-the-world-one-tree-at-a-time bit) A complete and easy to use document capture application. It accelerates business processes by scanning paper documents, converting them into accurate, retrievable information, and delivering it into any database and business application.
And For the Little Guys...
eDocXL offers three different solutions for home offices as well including eDocXL, eDocXL Lite and eDocXL Classic. Unfortunately, all three come with the exact same product description, which isn't much different from the aforementioned general description, so we're not sure if there's much of a difference between them.
They do, however, make a point to say that their products would be good for keeping track of family photos, recipes, favorite magazine articles and tax documents as well. How considerate.
There is something charming about promoting tree-saving and attempting to market your solution not only to businesses, but to the regular Joe as well, isn't there?
All Tree Saving Solutions are Good Solutions...
However, eDocXL says that businesses using a scanner for nothing more than digitizing documents are only solving half of the productivity equation. They claim that the functionality of a business scanner is incomplete without some type of information management system that will help harness the information employees scan and store.
Although most of their product descriptions are just a little short of being identical, making one read through of their website similar to beating your brain with the world-wide need to be more organized, it's actually not such a bad thing. Save yourself some frustration and save some paper, too. Everybody wins. Need we say more?
For pricing and additional information, check out www.edocplus.com