After adding document capture to its cloud-based document management software last January, KnowledgeTree (news, site) is back with more enhancements including drag-and-drop workflow design and salesforce.com (news, site) integration.
Only just released, the new version of KnowledgeTreeLive is specifically targeting the SMB sector whose needs are developing beyond just document sharing and collaboration as more US SMBs head towards the cloud.
Document Management Upgrades
While the pricing for cloud-based document management systems come in at a fraction of their on-premise cousins, it is likely that apart from the economic benefits, the enhanced ability to control document processes without massive infrastructure investments is going to be a big pull this time around.
KnowledgeTree cloud-based document management workflow
Included in the new features are:
- Creation of document-based business processes for specific tasks trough the user interface using a drag-and-drop workflow designer that enables workflow mapping, scheduled actions and automatic routing.
- Single, centralized view of all customer documents in salesforce.com including email attachments and client records providing 360 views of customer actions on single screen.
- Customization for specific industries using hierarchy templates giving users the ability to set up document property fields, types and folders with a single click.
- Better and more intuitive navigation with document update feeds and comment threads using HTML 5 features, which also enables users to drag-and-drop files directly into the KnowledgeTree web application.
KnowledgeTree In The Cloud
KnowledgeeTree's cloud service (which added a CMIS interface late last year) offers document and process management, collaboration tools and support for Windows and Linux users as well as Microsoft Office.
A full versioned document management system for users who want an alternative to on premise software, it provides a secure service with hosting on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and data stored on Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).
It has dozens of 'commercial-only' features, such as the KnowledgeTree client tools, and additional document management functionality. Current features include:
- Simple and intuitive web-interface
- Thumbnail and Instant View document preview functionality that allows you to see what’s in a document before downloading it from the repository
- Customizable dashboard (displaying subscriptions, pending documents, checked-out documents)
- Unlimited documents, folders, workflows, document properties, document types, roles, groups and users provide space for ample storage and collaboration
- Create users, groups and roles that map to your organization’s structure & processes
An unsupported community edition is available for free, or there is a trial of the full version. New customers can sign up with KnowledgeTree or use one of its many partners.