Callas Software launched pdfToolbox 5, a tool which boasts 64-bit support and a slew of other perks from the company's "PDF First!" standpoint.
The newest version of pdfToolbox specifically focuses on performance improvements with support for a wide range of file formats, including:
- Check and correct according to industry standards, including PDF/X-1, PDF/X-3, PDF/X-4, PDF/A and PDF/VT
- Convert native documents into print-ready PDFs (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, PNG, JPG and TIFF images. etc.)
- Convert color with smooth color, pure black text and enhanced gray balance
- Visually compare PDFs
The new Visual Compare feature is especially cool. It scans through sets of documents and highlights any differences it finds, making the editing process that much easier. It can also identify whether anything unexpected happened during processing:
Cheers for Quality Control
The company's approach to quality control is highlighted by Adobe's licensing of the preflight engine embedded in the Callas pdfToolbox for use in Acrobat Pro. Users can create their own quality control rules, or adopt those developed by standards organizations such as the ISO or the GWG.
Further, with full support of the Proof of Preflight standard developed by the GWG, pdfToolbox can protect preflighted files with a digital signature.
The tool is available as of now, and is offered in two different flavors:
- pdfToolbox Desktop for manual processing as a plug-in within Adobe Acrobat or standalone starts at 499 EUR (US$ 722).
- pdfToolbox Server for fully automated, hands-off processing starts at 3,999 EUR (US$ 5,784).
Check it out on the official Callas website here.
- 5 Tech Trends We'll See More of in 2014
- The Future of Collaboration Isn't What It Used to Be
- SharePoint Conference Keynote: Releases and Roadmap #SPC14
- The Fall of Collaboration, The Rise of Cooperation
- Who Leads the Big Data Market? (Probably Not Who You Think)
- If You Dress SharePoint Differently, Is it Easier to Use? #SPC14
- Navigating the Microsoft Forms Roadmap #SPC14