Earlier this summer, PSIGEN Software (news, site) and Atalasoft (news, site) announced that they were coming together to provide an image capture solution for SharePoint. There was a lot of cheering at the time as they said the combination of advanced capture and viewing technology would provide an affordable, feature rich option to a market with few alternatives.
Since then not a lot has been said about it — until yesterday at the SharePoint conference in Las Vegas when the companies jointly announced the release of the SharePoint Document Management bundle consisting of Atalasoft’s Vizit SP and PSIGEN’s PSI:Capture.
Document Viewing And Search
While we all know the collaboration capabilities of SharePoint, particularly its sharing functions, it has been weak in the areas of basic column-based search and document viewing in the search results.
The new PSIGEN/Atalasoft solution aims to address this by providing economical image capture and search abilities.
With it, users will get PSIGEN’s PSI: Capture — a document image capture function for SharePoint — and Atalasoft’s VizitSP — a sophisticated, but user-friendly, image viewer that adds viewing, cleanup, classification and annotation abilities to even the poorest system.
PSIGEN, Atalasoft And SharePoint
By combining the two with SharePoint the companies have created a solution that is scalable and financially accessible.
There are three noteworthy features of this new system:
- It is adaptable with both Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) and Microsoft SharePoint Server (MOSS) environments.
- It can be used by any kind and size of business, is out of the box and can be configured very easily, providing a feature rich document viewing option to a market with few alternatives.
- Provides a best-of-breed capture and viewing enterprise content management solution that will allow companies to use existing SharePoint investments to automate paper-intensive work processes.
Already available, the new bundle is available for direct purchase, or through approved resellers starting at US $6,995
For those that are not familiar with Atalasoft, it brings a solution that works from a single interface that can integrate seamlessly on top of a SharePoint document library.
Users can carry out routine tasks such as document review in a workflow, or classify documents for search and records management using a native SharePoint application.
- Easy installation on SharePoint within minutes
- Fast thumbnail preview of documents
- View document in a browser-based viewer with no client software
- Support for most image formats including TIFF, PDF, MS Word, PDF, JPEG, PNG,
- Integrates with the free Vizit Scan-to-SharePoint utility for Kodak scanners to index and edit documents directly in SharePoint
PSIGEN PSI: Capture
As for PSIGEN’s PSI: Capture, it provides a feature rich scanning and capture on ramp for MOSS and WSS. Users can capture document images to SharePoint from a wide variety of scanning devices, including direct connect scanners and scanning copiers.
It can also migrate documents into existing libraries, or alternatively auto-create document libraries and columns based on index/metadata information.
Other features include:
- Create searchable PDFs in SharePoint
- Route documents to SharePoint from MFP’s
- Optical Mark Recognition (OMR)
- Separation of profiles
- Zone-based image processing
- A Graceful Exit for Box?
- Has Google Delivered a Killer Blow to Microsoft Office Apps?
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- Manage Inbox Overload with In App Collaboration
- 5 Marketing Lessons From HubSpot
- Marketing Automation: 3 Trends to Watch
- Gartner Names 7 'Hype Cycle' Technologies