Education and media-based communication rich-media management provider ShareStream (news, site) has a new integration with the Xythos Platform allowing users to have a single environment for managing document and rich media such as video.
ShareStream, Xythos Integrate Multimedia and Document Management
ShareStream’s Rich Media Platform provides a complete solution for creating, editing, delivering and storing multimedia content in an environment that is secure and can be monitored. Xythos provides the back platform for a Blackboard Learn a system leveraged by a large number of educational organizations across the globe.
Now ShareStream has announced a connector built on its open web services API that combines both platforms and allows customers of both tools to have a holistic view multimedia and document content. The connector eliminates the silos that exist in many organizations between the two content types.
Users of Xythos will now be able to access ShareStream functionality such as:
- Meta-data driven search
- Video content management for storage and management of large files
- Digital Rights Management to control content access and protection of intellectual rights
- Media Dropbox for unload content
- Personal Media Gallery for viewing and sharing digital content
Connector Integration Points
The newly announced connector for Xythos continues ShareStream’s practice of ensuring broad interoperability with the popular Blackboard products. The connector includes several integration points like:
- Integrated security management : This simplifies security management by enabling single sign-on between Xythos and the ShareStream’s platform. When users’ access Xythos they can only see the content they have permissions to access
- Enhanced search: Allows Xythos’ search to access ShareStream multimedia content and metadata from within the Xythos user interface
- Browse and play: Enables Xythos users to browse ShareStream content which they have permission to access and play the content from inside of Xythos similar to how users can browse files and directories for documents.
Users of Xythos will likely welcome these changes because it will make managing both content types more efficient since the features are now in a single tool.