Xerox Corporation has announced a new version of its DocuShare enterprise content management (ECM) platform. The new version has a number of enhancements designed to improve the speed and efficiency of managing the full life-cycle of business documents.
An ECM from Xerox
The guys at Xerox know a little about paper. They have been helping offices make copies for years. It may seem odd to some that the company also has a solution designed to eliminate paper — it's DocuShare ECM, which is now in version 6.6. Although ECM can be notoriously complex, Xerox’s tool provides a fairly simple user interface and has a relatively low price point for the market.
DocuShare 6.6 allows organizations to automate management of a document from capture to the end of its lifecycle. Key new features in DocuShare 6.6 includes:
- DocuShare Lifecycle Manager makes it easier to ensure documents adhere to compliance standards by notifying administrators when updates are needed. Additionally, DocuShare can destroy documents when the retention setting expires.
- DocuShare Enterprise Capture converts large volumes of paper documents to digital formats. The new feature can handle up to two million pieces and make them searchable through integration with ABBYY FlexiCapture®.
- SharePoint integration allows easy access to DocuShare content and simultaneous searching — with the ability to browse and manage documents, collections and workspaces.
- Workflow and eForms enhancements — the latest release extends content rules and permissions for document collections, and the ability to add attachments and authentication to eForms
- Enhanced workflows — allows users to easily customize document routing
The features are added to DocuShare already impressive ability to handle very large volume of documents.
Getting DocuShare 6.6
The latest release of DocuShare is available now from Xerox sales and other partners. The product starts at US$ 1,500.00, however, existing customers with a maintenance agreement can upgrade for free. Xerox is also a free 30-day trial of the software.
- 5 Tech Trends We'll See More of in 2014
- The Future of Collaboration Isn't What It Used to Be
- SharePoint Conference Keynote: Releases and Roadmap #SPC14
- The Fall of Collaboration, The Rise of Cooperation
- Who Leads the Big Data Market? (Probably Not Who You Think)
- If You Dress SharePoint Differently, Is it Easier to Use? #SPC14
- Navigating the Microsoft Forms Roadmap #SPC14