Not only does Dries Buytaert get selected as one the top young tech entrepreneurs by BusinessWeek, but one of his newest ventures — Acquia, has been chosen to launch their company at the Launch Pad - Venture Capital Edition during the web2.0 expo today in San Francisco.
According to the web2.0 website, many new Web 2.0 companies have to get past the scrutiny of many a venture capital firm. With this in mind, this year's Launch Pad will not only give new startups the opportunity to launch their company, but it will also provide them with VC and audience real time feedback.
A very exciting opportunity indeed. And so Acquia agrees.
Acquia is a new software company created in part by Dries Buytaert, founder of the Drupal web content management system. Acquia was created to provide value-added products and services for Drupal.
As part of their launch, Acquia will demonstrate how to use the Drupal social publishing system to create community-based Web 2.0 sites without custom programming.
“It’s an honor to be chosen as a Launch Pad company and introduce Acquia to the Web 2.0 Expo audience,” said Jeff Whatcott, Acquia Communicator-in-Chief. “Launch Pad provides a unique opportunity to demonstrate how people can implement the Web 2.0 architecture of participation with the Drupal social publishing system.”
The other five companies sitting on the Launch Pad include:
- JobScore - a resume sharing network
- Oortle - real-time enabling the media of existing social networks
- TradeVibes - discover, research, and discuss hot (and not so hot) startup companies
- Triggit - helps web publishers to monetize their sites with advertising
- Chirp Interactive - solutions that help people stay connected to their friends
Along with being selected for the web2.0 Launch Pad, Acquia has also been selected as a finalist for the Red Herring Award 100. This award is a selection of the top 100 innovative companies in North America. Over 800 organizations were evaluated for this award.
So, time to learn a little more about Acquia. The Launch Pad takes place today at 1:30pm-2:30pm PST in the keynote room.
And if you are at the conference and want to learn more about Drupal, you can find them at Web2open, the unconference cohabitating with the Web 2.0 Expo.
- Blame the C-Suite for Your Failed SharePoint Project
- Gartner's Look at Advanced Analytics Vendors: Are You Using a Winner?
- Where Intranets and Enterprise Social Networks Fit in Your Business
- The IoT is Useless - Unless You Fix Your Data Problems [Infographic]
- Microsoft Will Offer a Peek at SharePoint 2016 at Ignite
- Everything You Really Need to Know About Docker
- Which Enterprise Social Network is Right for Your Intranet?