In the wake of the Google I/O Conference, several of the company's announcements are still making headlines. Among them is Google Storage for Developers (GS), a service positioned as an Amazon S3 replacement. Those taking full advantage of the offering include Gladinet (news, site), a company that will enable users to attach their GS cloud with a File Server or desktop.
Gladinet's connectivity is made possible with Gladinet Cloud Attached File Server (CloudAFS), and Gladinet Cloud Desktop. By combining the two, IT folks are given a complete access solution for GS users.
Gladinet says attaching GS provides benefits such as:
- Reduced Cost - Cloud storage is paid incrementally, saving organizations money
- Increased Storage - Organizations can store more data than on private computer systems
- Highly Automated - No longer do IT personnel need to worry about keeping software up to date
- Flexibility - Cloud computing offers much more flexibility than past computing methods.
- More Mobility - Employees can access information wherever they are, rather than having to remain at their desks
"Combining these benefits with the performance gains from CloudAFS tiered storage management, the introduction of credential based access controls for published shares, and the ability to provide seamless data migration with immediate availability, creates a compelling solution for the organization with restricted IT budgets," said the company.
Supporting Google All the Way
Gladinet is no stranger to Google-based connectivity. The company announced their support for Google's cloud storage option last year, claiming that their tool made moving from one cloud to another as easy as drag and drop.
“We know small and medium-sized businesses have limited time and expertise to devote to file storage, transfer and backup, so our developers have worked hard to make Cloud Desktop quick and easy to use,” explained Jerry Huang, co-owner of Gladinet. “Now that Google Storage is supporting all file types, our clients can take advantage of that lower-cost storage solution almost instantly from their Cloud Desktops.”
It appears Gladinet is continuing down the quick and easy route, as Google continues to provide the springboards. Interested? Check out the solution here.