Everyone has an opinion on who we all should be paying close attention to this year. IDC has their lists, Gartner and Forrester point our theirs in research reports. Even CIO Magazine has their top 20 and there are more than a few you might find interesting.
The Ones That Shouldn't Surprise You
There are a lot of innovative companies in the social computing, content management and overall IT space. CIO has consulted with analyst first MWD Advisors on which ones they think CIOs should be keeping an eye on. The results are not really surprising. Here are some of the 20:
- Alfresco: Open source enterprise content management is making it prime time this year. Their latest big announcement involved IBM.
- Jive Software: Social Business Software aimed at both IT and business. A solid 2009 can only mean good things for 2010.
- Brightcove: A provider of online video platforms, CIO mag points to their addition of an entry level solution important. Also mentioned is Kaltura, an open source video platform provider in the news lately.
- Google: ok, come on — these guys should really be in the category below. Enterprise productivity apps anyone?
- Endeca: Enterprise search for eCommerce websites and partnerships with SAP, Open Text and Nstein are also key.
The Ones You Expect to See
- Salesforce.com: A proven SaaS model and a strong focus on social computing and cloud solutions
- IBM: A focus on connectivity between businesses, communities and government. Their recent Lotusphere 2010 conference also pointed this out and included a strong focus on collaboration.
- Adobe: Their technology, product portfolio and focus on experience and engagement. Strong support for mobile devices is also key.
- Microsoft: SharePoint (need we say more?), okay then, Windows 7, Windows 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2010, Exchange. How can you not watch this company?
- What's Next for Big Data? Predictions for 2015
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- IDC: 10 Predictions For Emerging Technologies In 2015
- 2015 Forecast: The Sun is Out for Cloud Computing
- Honest-to-God, Absolutely True Marketing Predictions for 2015
- Prediction for 2015: The Fall of People, Process and Technology
- 8 Components of a Truly Integrated Digital Workplace