The growing importance of Enterprise 2.0 tools and processes to a broader range of businesses is reflected in this year’s Enterprise 2.0 UBM TechWeb conference. This year’s action zooms in on the use of social computing, collaborative tools and Web 2.0 technologies, and how they are creating business value.
As one of the major events in social computing on the calendar, it gives companies who are interested in transforming their business through the use of Enterprise 2.0 technologies a chance to see what’s what and what to expect over the course of the following 12 months.
Read related article: Social Networking in the Enterprise: What’s the ROI?
Enterprise 2.0 Driving Business
The list of speakers and themes is growing, and this year conference organizers say they are focused on providing practical steps and case studies on deployment and use of these technologies.
We plan to examine the entire Enterprise 2.0 lifecycle, focused specifically on how deeply Enterprise 2.0 is able to permeate the many layers of business processes and the people that comprise them. We believe this 'social layer' represents a tremendous opportunity to drive innovation, increase collaboration and find even greater value from Enterprise 2.0," Steve Wylie, conference general manager said.
Last year in Boston, the key message we identified coming out of the conference was that that enterprise 2.0 was not about the deployment of technology, but about adoption. And adoption will be one of the focuses this year.
While the list of main tracks is still being developed, some of those already scheduled include:
- Setting Enterprise 2.0 strategies without the hype
- Social business applications and platforms
- Search as a means of developing new business
- Enterprise collaboration using video
- Integrating social media and business communities
- Deploying and mobilizing
- Adoption in the enterprise for practitioners
Keynote speakers come from across the industry and include:
- Eugene Lee, CEO, Socialtext
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, Center for Digital Business, MIT Sloan School of Management
- JP Rangaswami, CIO and Chief Scientist, BT Design
- Murali Sitaram, Vice President and General Manager, Cisco's Enterprise Collaboration Platform
- Gentry Underwood, IDEO
Enterprise 2.0 Conference takes place at the Westin Boston Waterfront, June 14-17, 2010. Head over here for registration.