(Page 2 of 2)
At its core, Empire Avenue is about buying and selling shares in social media entities, be they people, brands or blogs. But its layers of complexity have fueled furious on-site engagement by three types of people: social sharers, influencers and gamers. And each of these types is clearly empire building, through community, activism and networking, gaming, and a mix of these behaviors.
Skype and Facebook have been playing nice for some time now, but this week the VoIP provider announced deeper integration in version 5.5 Beta for Windows.
Skype users can now get their chat on by instant messaging Facebook friends directly from the VoIP platform via the new contacts tab, and Skype users can use the Facebook News Feed within Skype to “like” or comment on a friend's status without logging into Facebook. Other cool perks include:
- Improved call controls
- Improved video calling reliability
- Changed group conversations profile area design
- New login window design
- Added a ability to start video calls via URI
- Plus several bug fixes
Socialtext released Socialtasks this week — a solution that aims to enable teams to visualize and manage tasks in a collaborative work environment with three main features:
- Page Tracker: The page tracker allows you to record tasks with a status of your choosing, such as "New," "In Progress," or "Complete". The feature's widget (which can be embedded anywhere in the Socialtext platform) contains a column for each status, and displays a link to each matching page. Page links can also be drag and dropped between columns, moving a task from one status to another.
- Page Watcher Bot: The Page Watcher Bot monitors Socialtext workspace pages for changes in tags. When a change is detected, a signal is posted as a microblog message containing a link back to that page, promoting discussion to take place around each task's progress as it happens.
- Form Builder: The Form Builder enables you to create wiki pages based on a specific set of fields, rather than entering text onto a page. These wiki pages can provide choices for status, priority, owner, etc.
- The Problem With Yammer? People Don't Use It
- Can You Name the Top 10 IoT Companies?
- A Man, a Blouse and an Awesome Customer Experience
- Facebook Thinks You'll 'Like' Enterprise Collaboration
- Did Forrester Get Its Digital Experience Wave Right?
- Google Smacks MS Office With Better Docs Collaboration
- Microsoft Kicks Oracle's Big Data Butt