Intranets have gone far beyond merely being vehicles for sharing files and printers. As networks become more social in nature, the intranet also has also evolved to become an essential tool for communication and collaboration within organizations. Interact Intranet's (news, site) upcoming Interaction 2011 conference will allow participants to listen to experts share their experiences and best practices in implementing and managing intranets.
Build Better Intranets
Slated for October 13, 2011 at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel in London, the event will feature industry-renowned speakers who will share insights and advice on the different aspects of networking.
James Roberston of Step Two Designs will keynote the event, with advice on "how to make an intranet essential." Robertson has authored best practice reports on intranets, and has worked with high-profile organizations in implementing successful intranets. Nigel Danson, Interact CEO and founder, is optimistic that Robertson's expert opinions "will be of great value to all of the conference attendees and this is a rare chance to speak to him face-to-face in the UK."
Notable addresses will be as follows:
- How to make an intranet essential -- James Robertson of Step Two Designs
- Good Governance = Engaged People -- Mark Morrel, formerly of BT
- How employees will drive the future intranet -- Interact CEO and founder Nigel Danson
- Intranets: Long Way Forward -- Janus Boye of J. Boye
- Moving the Juggernaut -- Paula Martin of G4S
Dual stream sessions will be held in the afternoons, and participants will be able to check out product demonstrations, as well as voice their questions and concerns to the session speakers.
- Inside the Social Business -- Lee Bryant, Headshift
- 100s of intranets don't lie -- what makes them tick -- patterns of success -- Steven Osborne, Interact
- Helping the management team find their "wow moment" -- Janus Boye
- My SharePoint Struggle: Why it wasn't the right solution, and why we still use it -- Alan Hunt, Kantar Operations
- Building a charity intranet -- Helen Thomas, Clic Sargent
- Kickstarting collaboration -- Focus on pain points -- Rooven Pakkiri, Digirati
- 10 Worst Practices for Intranets -- Sam Marshall, Clearbox
- Expose your intranet -- Extranet secrets -- Nigel Williams, Romec
- Customization vs. Personalization -- Matt McCourty, Interact
- Mobile intranets -- information on the move -- Sharon O'Dea, UK Parliament
- In search we trust -- Scott Hitchins, Interact
- Strategy and planning for your next intranet -- Practical advice for getting started -- Chris Attewell, Noko
Each session will also include an opportunity for customers to test intranet demonstrations. Sessions will also include a roundtable debate with the session chair and two speakers.
CMSWire is sponsoring the event, and we hope to see you there. Access to the conference nominally costs £ 149, but Intranet is giving a £ 50 discount to early registrants who sign up before July 29.