New York based Kickapps, provider of on demand social media software, has released the latest version of its SaaS application suite. Kickapps 3.0 is designed to ease the deployment of features such as social networking, user generated content (UGC), and programmable video players and widgets.
"Our vision is to eliminate all barriers for publishers looking to deploy a wide range of social media applications at their own websites," said Alex Blum, CEO of KickApps. "KickApps 3.0 fulfills this vision by providing both expert developers as well as those with minimal expertise the ability to deploy and manage the kind of compelling user experiences that are now proven recipes for rapid audience growth and deeper engagement."
This version of the platform caters to both the experienced developer and the non-technical user. The list of enhancements is quite extensive:
* The KickApps Affiliate Center: This is where online communities are deployed, customized, managed, moderated and monetized. It provides real time data feeds, enhanced reporting for analysis and exporting for a number of things such as widget distribution, media and member activity.
* KickStart: The quick creation of full-featured social media communities in just three clicks.
* WYSIWYG Site Styler: Provides a number of customization options including colors, styles, layouts viewed in real-time.
* The KickApps Widget Studio: Designed to work for Flash programmers, developers and non-programmers. The studio has a Flex interface, a Feed Manager, lots of default widget layouts, and “one click” syndication to a number of social networks and portals. Version 3 of the studio is currently available in Private Beta with final production expected in March of this year.
* KickApps API Developer Kit: The kit enables direct access to the entire platform through a complete set of REST-based APIs. Single sign on capabilities to plug-ins like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla have been extended and the ability to create custom feeds, workflows, and media ingestion and management is included.
* User-Facing Features: Things like real-time dashboards, news feeds of community activity for the home page, easy syndication of any media directly to blogs and social media sites, multi-media message boards, and a redesigned groups page are included in this new release.
KickApps powers over 13000 websites including companies like ABC Family, HBO, P&G, and Vibe Magazine.
You can find out more about this new release via their website or visit their developer site for information on developing on the platform.
CMSWire is a leading, native digital publication produced by Simpler Media Group, Inc. We provide articles, research and events for sophisticated professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 450+ authoritative articles per quarter for our 750,000 community members. Join us as a subscriber.